Air suspension and WDH - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-10-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 79 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

You have to wonder if FCA know what they're talking about sometimes.
I also wonder what Jeep USA say about it, or don't they use WDH's over there?
Old 06-11-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 115 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Smile

Hi

Havent been on in ages. But the Jeep is still going well!

We now tow our van with a 200 Cruiser, but when we towed our van with the Jeep, we used a WDH , as per the handbook, with air suspension and found it great. No problems fighting each other and actually felt better than without it.

Jeep engineers have done lots of testing on this stuff, just follow their recommendations. Insurance implications as well, if not used in the event of an accident, I would reckon.

Cheers
Sally

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER
Old 06-11-2018
RubiconSlammer

Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Sal View Post
Hi

Havent been on in ages. But the Jeep is still going well!

We now tow our van with a 200 Cruiser, but when we towed our van with the Jeep, we used a WDH , as per the handbook, with air suspension and found it great. No problems fighting each other and actually felt better than without it.

Jeep engineers have done lots of testing on this stuff, just follow their recommendations. Insurance implications as well, if not used in the event of an accident, I would reckon.

Cheers
Sally
Hi Sally,

Long time no hear!

Why the switch to the Cruiser and what do you think of it?

Cheers, Craig
Old 16-11-2018
I just registered

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default WDH and Quadralift

I'm probably a bit late but FWIW.
Yes our 2015 manual says you must, the next model says recommended and the latest 2018 doesn't even mention WDH! Anyone's guess.
Ive asked our Tech rep and he says don't use a WDH with the air suspension. FCA are too lazy to amend the OM. So the arguments will go on and on.
The Insurance companies dont care. Anyway if you have a correctly loaded caravan you don't need a WDH. I have a 320kg tow-ball weight. A WDH is a band-aid fix. Ive never had any problems with over 20,000km towing a 3.2t caravan including the GRR and the Oodnadatta track.
The JGC is a great tow vehicle. Just getting Jeep dealers to help is a major problem. Once you get FCA engaged they are great if a bit slow.
Old 18-11-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 125 Times in 103 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

It's not just about loading the mobile bingo hall/RSL correctly, it depends on how they are built.

Anything with a tow bar weight of > 250kg will benefit from a WDH for on-road use with the Jeep GC.
Old 20-11-2018
Established Member

Liked 48 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody33 View Post
Anyway if you have a correctly loaded caravan you don't need a WDH. I have a 320kg tow-ball weight.

Christ, it must be like the SS Minnio wait you hit a few undulations!

Last edited by Starion VR4; 02-12-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 79 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I just bought a new Jayco Silverline Outback, will max out at 3.2 t and ball weight of 198 kg so will be interesting!
Will keep using the WDH until advised otherwise. Still waiting for FCA TO ANSWER MY EMAIL!