KL Limited on order :) - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KL Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-01-2015
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default KL Limited on order :)

Hi guys newbie here,

I was torn between the TH and the Limited. In the end the decision was made for me. Had the TH come in a diesel it would have been a done deal.

My wife does a lot of kms per week all round the Gold Coast and I was getting sick of filling up 3 times a fortnight. We went with the fully optioned 2.0L Turbo Diesel Limited including tow pack for $56,600. Its still on the boat which docks on the 29th Jan.

I want to start going camping like when i was a kid, take the wife and daughter away for the weekend, let them experience the outdoors, fishing and sitting around the campfire enjoying a few drinks. Hopefully this is the catalyst to make all that happen.

I joined the forum so as to find out what I am getting myself into as this being our first Jeep and all, and with so many people telling me not to buy one wanted to know what might happen and how to go about fixing it before any of them ever find out.

I'll keep you all updated of our experience once we receive the new toy.

Cheers
Old 20-01-2015
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts

Welcome, I'm still not sold on the looks but so long as you don't try following a Wrangler too far offroad I suspect the KL may actually be a more reliable unit than some of the previous models. Keep in mind some owners have experienced the Jeep thing and others have had no faults at all. Looking forward to seeing your KL camping pics, btw can you get a factory lift for the limited? Clearance might be a bit low standard.
Old 20-01-2015
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2

Nice work condo, what colour did you end up ordering?

I'm still torn between Granite / Blue / Red (in that order).

Be interested in hearing more about your experiences once you get it. I have similar intentions to you and like you, have not been beach camping (Moreton / Fraser etc) since childhood.

Welcome on board, you've made a great choice with the KL
Old 20-01-2015
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKnut View Post
btw can you get a factory lift for the limited? Clearance might be a bit low standard.
Interesting, I was told by a friend that i couldnt, will look into that.

Yep hopefully plenty of photos to be posted
Old 20-01-2015
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd View Post
Nice work condo, what colour did you end up ordering?

I'm still torn between Granite / Blue / Red (in that order).

Be interested in hearing more about your experiences once you get it. I have similar intentions to you and like you, have not been beach camping (Moreton / Fraser etc) since childhood.

Welcome on board, you've made a great choice with the KL
Hi Mattyd

We went with white, stays cooler and easier to hide dust and scratches.

By the way the quote for a fully optioned TH less the towbar was $57k as a customer had just placed an order with our sales guy before us, and paperwork was still sitting on his desk.

Our drive away price less GST as its a Novated Lease is $52k

Good luck, i dont think you'll go wrong either way, but the idea of a lift kit for the Limited as mentioned above makes me more excited.
Old 20-01-2015
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2

That's helpful thanks. What about the tow bar? I mentioned in another post that the Albion dealership want to charge me $1440 fitted...?!?!? I questioned him why so $$$ - he said it was at cost.

I will (if I can ever make up my mind) go for the TH with both tech and convenience pack.

I haven't started the negotiating yet - for obvious reasons......

Thanks,

Matt
Old 20-01-2015
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd View Post
That's helpful thanks. What about the tow bar? I mentioned in another post that the Albion dealership want to charge me $1440 fitted...?!?!? I questioned him why so $$$ - he said it was at cost.

I will (if I can ever make up my mind) go for the TH with both tech and convenience pack.

I haven't started the negotiating yet - for obvious reasons......

Thanks,

Matt
I cant remember towbar price exactly but i think he mentioned about $1250
Post New Thread  Reply