Purchase 2021 Trailhawk or wait for GC-L - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-08-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 672 Times in 377 Posts

I recall reading somewhere that towing capacity would be revised (upward) for Aus vs US, so we'll have to wait and see. Regardless, only the Pentastar (at launch, anyway) will take it off most towers' lists

Old 25-08-2021
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,947 Times in 2,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCheese View Post
I recall reading somewhere that towing capacity would be revised (upward) for Aus vs US, so we'll have to wait and see. Regardless, only the Pentastar (at launch, anyway) will take it off most towers' lists
The RVD listing is Australian Compliance Paperwork for Compliance Plate issue so they haven't changed it at all and being the V6 Pentax I doubt it will get increased... the hybrid will be interesting to see how the weights work out as there isn't a lot to play with the bare skin WL having about 750kg carry so add some toys, a few bums and thats it and especially if you want all seats with bums, don't order the bull bar until you see the scale..lol.lol.

Be interesting to see what the GCM is listed at on the compliance plate, since the vehicle Category Code is MC it's supposed to be stated unlike some WK2's which were Category MA which didn't require the GCM to be plated... hence why no one really knows what the GCM of a lot of WK2's really is....

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 25-08-2021
CrawlerStar

Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts

I note the RVD listing is for the WL75 6/7 seater, not the WL74 5 seat variant and I think the 4xe will be listed as a separate model again.

Also note there are delays in the US on production of the V8 models so hemi availability might just be delayed and added at a later date?? Hemi models also have the higher tow rating.
Old 25-08-2021
Established Member

Liked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
3.6L tow rating on '22 Limited 2813kg, all other variants only 2268kg!

Limited may sell to towies, but the rest will be kicked out of the towing game for many.

So from '22 it seems the GC becomes just another soft SUV appliance?
limiting the L too one engine choice is not going to go well for Jeep IMO
Old 26-08-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,947 Times in 2,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hills46 View Post
I note the RVD listing is for the WL75 6/7 seater, not the WL74 5 seat variant and I think the 4xe will be listed as a separate model again.

Also note there are delays in the US on production of the V8 models so hemi availability might just be delayed and added at a later date?? Hemi models also have the higher tow rating.
When and if it gets here they will be on a RVD I would assume if they do the V8 for Europe we will get it if not not a hope, so long as they do our models in Export variety like before, if they are just Yank model fit outs in RH Drive then they will be ordinary, the Export fitout and engines were always just that bit better.............. I really think with no diesel and no V8 as yet sales will stall and even if they bring a V8 I think a lot who want them for towing will shy away because of the belief V8's chew a lot of fuel and the biggest market for Grands here doesn't want or need the extra seats..... but then the soccer mums may go for the V6's.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 26-08-2021
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Yeah, the WL looks more like the soccer mum car, and the engine will play into that. The more I look at it, they've shifted the GC's traditional dynamics substantially, mechanical and appearance. Whereas the WK2 is a tighter more aggressive looking and certainly more versatile package, the WL is losing that character. Just my humble opinion on what we've seen so far. Maybe the end of line diesel and hemi WK2's will become coveted...
Old 27-08-2021
CrawlerStar

Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts

I definitely think the 7 seat is aimed at the top end of the soccer mum/family SUV market. The 5 seat WL74 does not look a whole lot different to the WK2 IMHO and the mechanicals are pretty much identical with same gearbox, transfer case and eLSD in the case of the QD II. Combined with more ground clearance, greater wading depth, and better approach and departure angles I really don't see what's not to like other than the elephant in the room being the engines.

I'm going to remain open minded and give the 4xe a fair chance. If I can do the shopping without even starting the engine and still have the grunt I want for getting up the boat ramp, steep hills and the occasional traffic light drag then I'll be happy.
Post New Thread  Reply