Classic not Plastic 2015 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Events and Competitions
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-03-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Default Classic not Plastic 2015

CLASSIC NOT PLASTIC
JUNE 6th, 7th & 8th.
NABIAC SHOWGROUND

Classic Not Plastic is on again for 2015. In keeping with tradition we return to Nabiac Showground for the second year over the June long weekend.

The event is centred around pre-Chrysler built Jeep Wagons, trucks, and CJ vehicles, but all Jeepers are welcome to attend.

The showground will be the venue for the vehicle display and the setting-off point for organised activities. The venue offers camping facilities with clean showers and toilets, and there’s a covered pavilion where we can gather in the “unlikely event” of inclement weather. The showground is camper trailer and caravan friendly, and powered sites are available for an additional fee. Camping fees are imposed by the Great Lakes Council, and it’s anticipated at this stage that this could be the only charge for attending the event. Stay tuned for future developments.

From here it is a short, five minute walk to bakery, supermarket, cafe, takeaways, and the hotel.

Over the course of the weekend there will be plenty of activities for your enjoyment:-
A Jeep photo display, meeting and greeting other Jeep enthusiasts, and inspecting other vehicles.
Organised trips to the local areas to suit your interest . -
Local attractions you may be interested in visiting. Here are a few:-
The National Motorcycle Museum – You’ll be amazed at the number of motorbikes on display!
Great Lakes Wines - down the highway at Coolongolook
Villa d'Esta Winery- meet the magnificent Zoli and his no-preservative wines
Wallambah Vale Winery - the newest winery in town and worth a visit

If you have an older jeep vehicle that is either in pristine or in used condition, or even a work in progress bring it along. If you’re a Jeep enthusiast without a vehicle you are welcome to visit.

Put the date in your diary, tell your boss you’ll be away, and start getting your Jeep prepared so you won’t miss the final year at this venue. Keep watching this space over coming months for all the info you’ll need to make 2015 another Classic year.

For further information contact Warren Lewis cawlewis@optusnet.com.au

Nabiac ............ about 3hrs north of Sydney and 1hr south of Port Macquarie.
Old 09-06-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 34 Times in 17 Posts

Yep second that...Thanks Warren and Larry for another great classic ..top event and location the show ground is a top set up ..cheers mick
Old 11-06-2015
Full Flexer

Thanks Mick, Jim said you have some pics to put up too.
Old 13-06-2015
CrawlerStar

Classic Pics....some really good old jeeps turn up at this event .. them and there drivers go so well on the tracks ....

Old 14-06-2015

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

great photos mick fun time was had by all
Old 15-06-2015
Full Flexer

Nice pics Mick, thanks for posting them. Reminds me, I must chase up the guy with the Waggy.
Old 20-06-2015
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee doggie View Post
Nice pics Mick, thanks for posting them. Reminds me, I must chase up the guy with the Waggy.
No worries ..it was a great turn up ....and then to see that Grand roll into the car show ....One of the best I've seen..very tidy ...and i never knew they had a D44 rear ...it was a 10/89 model ..great job by the owner