Jeep 2.7 crd Engine Mounts - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2023
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 74 Times in 68 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadSpike View Post
Hello JoergM,

There are multiple sellers on ebay and other websites selling a bushing that has different faces. I think the FEBEST you linked is the same on both faces so it should be ok, there's also the ones from REINHOCH model RH11-6031 which also work.

Check the Step by step tutorial I made, might help you:

https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum...=161518&page=3

I'm also about to do the swirl flaps delete mod since the swirl flaps actuator link has been disconected since I bought the car. Just bought the intake gasket with the number 5080324AA from VICTOR REINZ model 71-35216-00. You won't find 2.7 CRD specific engine parts on RockAuto since the diesel versions weren't sold in the US. You might have luck searching for the T1N Sprinter parts, most of them should work but I know some things differ between our OM612 engine and the Sprinter OM612.

You might want to check/replace glowplugs now that you'll be removing the intake manifold.
Thanks a lot for the reply. Just ordered the Febest motor mounts. I will also get the glowplugs as well as a new intake manifold gasket. Its a bit hard to find the right gasket, but I found this one and wanted to order it before it is gone:

Can anyone confirm that this is the right one?

Your instruction might be helpful but keep in mind we have the steering on the other side and some parts of my engine bay will not be at the same spot as you will find it in yours. So I can only consider it as an additional guideline. But thanks anyway.
Old 06-10-2023
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 231 Times in 188 Posts

Seems to be good
Old 07-10-2023
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Looks about the same I got.

If you're going to replace the glowplugs, put some penetrating oil on the glowplug holes when hot during multiple heat cycles. Also, remove the glowplugs when hot, try to do it before taking the intake out, 4 and 5 are hard to reach so you may have to remove the common rail first. The glowplugs on the OM612 are a pita to remove, follow some tutorials for the Mercedes 270 cdi or t1n sprinter, should be fine if you follow the correct steps, but breaking one could mean having to take the head out, so take all precautions needed.

Now that we're talking about the intake. Were does that coolant hose go between the viscous pump and the intake manifold? I always found it strange that coolant goes through the intake. Does it connect with one the holes in the back? I know one of the holes is for the EGR. My guess is it goes through the EGR side of the intake so heater core heats much faster while engine is still cold. Am i correct? That means i will have to drain the block before removing the intake, shite, I just put new coolant in.

Last edited by OffroadSpike; 07-10-2023 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-10-2023
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 231 Times in 188 Posts

I received a recommendation to first clean around the spark plugs with a thin screwdriver then blow out all debris before doing the penetrating oil trick.
Post New Thread  Reply