What did you do to your WH/XH today? - Page 95 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-08-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 98 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris86 View Post
Woohoo! Fitted the LCA's last weekend, wheels aligned and feeling a lot better! No more squeaks turning or rocking it up and down. All bolts loosened/removed very easily. Only drama was that the rear bushing not sitting flush (see pic) and couldn't turn it due to it being rubber and springing back into place. Was very hard to get into position but finally managed to get a bolt up through and tighten it down into place.

*SNIP*
Did you go with brand new LCAs or just get new bushings pressed onto yours? Where did you source your parts from?
Old 27-08-2017
Established Member

Liked 169 Times in 116 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Took some time out during last night to fit an exhaust temperature probe

Last edited by ren0vator; 27-08-2017 at 10:12 AM. Reason: link
Old 27-08-2017

Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH3.0 View Post
You sure you wanna know?
hang on to your seat LOL.

it was $261 U.S total, so $51 U.S post and total AUD was $342.62 to my door, so not cheap.
but it would cost that much to get something made up here, and i wasnt keen on just putting a pipe or hose in its place due to its location i didnt want it hitting the drive belt.
the Pipe they supply mounts the same as the Resonator. and it does look neat an tidy too.
How did you go with contacting cb-engineering?
I've tried email a couple of times but with no response?
Old 27-08-2017
Established Member

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemidnight View Post
How did you go with contacting cb-engineering?
I've tried email a couple of times but with no response?
They dont seem to be the greatest in replying, but i just went on thier site an brought it .
I only had to contact them in regards to postage to AUS as their site wasnt working it out for me, but they sorted it quickly, once replied.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 29-08-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH3.0 View Post
You sure you wanna know?
hang on to your seat LOL.

it was $261 U.S total, so $51 U.S post and total AUD was $342.62 to my door, so not cheap.
but it would cost that much to get something made up here, and i wasnt keen on just putting a pipe or hose in its place due to its location i didnt want it hitting the drive belt.
the Pipe they supply mounts the same as the Resonator. and it does look neat an tidy too.
Yeah i know there not cheap, thats why i asked they look good but. I have been looking at a bit of there stuff i would send my self broke at CB if the wife let me haha.
I don't want to chop the hell out of my car either, but was wondering if anybody has come up with a cheaper alternative.
Old 29-08-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren0vator View Post
Took some time out during last night to fit an exhaust temperature probe
I think you will find the temps low, as when i gutted my cats my temp was around 300 then when it went into regen could only get to 400 sometimes under load (towing up big hills 450). I put a standard cat back in now when it wants to regen it can get its 550-600.
Old 31-08-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Fitted some flares from everybody's favourite Jeep parts supplier, eBay!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/118-Black...53.m2749.l2649
Only 12mm extra coverage but its enough to cover the front tyres.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	76296   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	76297   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	254