Trailer Plans. Any1 got them!!!! - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Fabrication and Custom
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-08-2006
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys, man I totally forgot I posted this thread. Sorry all. Anyway, I have been searching for a trailer and have found a company who will be able to build one to my specs for a reasonable price.
junglejuice. Who are you getting the oztrail top off. I have been in contact with a guy on ebay who is located in brisbane. The 9ft top is around 2200. So am going to go have a look at them, its the cheapest I have seen them. Should have it all put togethor within the next couple of weeks. I have got a set of standard jeep rims from Andy, so all the stud pattern will be the same.
Old 30-08-2006
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Yeah my trailer has gotten it's new sides and guards on today, hopefully next week it will have it's new swing out tailgate, watertank and floor in as well.
We have our oztrail 12 on order with a mob at Browns Plains, all up with the extra walls it will cost around $2950, the oztrail 9 with extra walls costs around $2550 but we found that the oztrail 9 has a design flaw in that the wall mounting velcro that attaches the annexe walls runs right down towards the tailgate so if you were to use the walls you can't open the tailgate which is not very good for a tailgate mounted kitchen.
The newer model apparently has this sorted out but of course it is dearer so we dicided for the extra $300 we'd go for the newer model 12 instead.
They have a 9 setup so you can have a look at one which is what we did and thats when I noticed the velcro issue.
I'd say that the one on ebay is the the same place that we are getting ours from.
Cheers, Junglejuice....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 31-08-2006
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Jungle, you got the location details of the guy at browns plains.
Old 02-09-2006
MonsterMoose

Sorry man I can't remember their address, if you send them an email they will give it to you, they currently have some camper tops listed on ebay....
Cheers, Junglejuice

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 16-10-2006
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default G & S Trailers underwood

Knowing my skills with a welder I made the descision to buy a trailer. You might be thinking it would have been cheaper etc but to be honest I couldn`t be arsed to do it. So I got in contact with a fella at G&S trailers at Underwood
(Unit 1 / 100 Kingston Road
Underwood
Brisbane
Qld 4119

Tel: 07 3299 5585)
He made me a trailer at a good price and within the limited time I gave him. (Needed it in less than a week due to a wedding I had to go to and the trailer/camoer was going to be my bed for the night). Anyhow picked it up for around the $2000 mark and is roughly the same tracking as the XJ. After picking it up it was straight home to put the top on and transport it down to the inlaws place to use his shed. With help from the little bro in law we had the camper top bolted on and ready to go within 1 hr. Next step was (firstly put down the rum cans) & to erect the top to see if any holes in it. I picked the primus 9ft top up second hand, only 6 months old from paramount campers on the gold coast for $1400. This included the full annex walls and soft floor, all pegs,ropes and poles. We had the tent up and all set up in less than 5 mins, looks like when we go camping now its going to be a very easy setup. I`m very happy with it all at the moment, seeing as though the whole thing has only cost me 3400 for something that is practicaly brand new. Still a few little things to do, place rubber around tailgate, put the gas struts on and toolbox with all the electrics. If I get stuck into it this weekend it should all be finished off. Later on down the track a treg hitch will be put on as well as the water tank. Not interested in the kitchen on the tailgate as already have the full camp kitchen package. So in short I`m 1 HAPPY CAMPER NOW!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	17218   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	17219  
Old 17-10-2006
MonsterMoose

Excellent job.....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 17-10-2006
LokRinger

Liked 1,743 Times in 550 Posts

Looks like it has come together really well and for a cheap price too.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Post New Thread  Reply