What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? - Page 144 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2016
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
DOne upper front control arm bushes , 2 inch lift and new shocks all round, also fitted a Lightbar , Big day yesterday, feeling sore today......I need a hoist, to old for laying on the ground

I'm hearing ya. I replaced every bushing throughout (except one in front axle), including rear a-arm, replaced all the fluids and filters except brake and transfer case, installed trans cooler and 2" lift in 2 days of rolling around on the ground.

My neck muscles didn't know what hit them
Old 17-08-2016
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 231 Times in 188 Posts

Drove in some very serious rain and after an hour of driving it stopped and wouldn't crank. Got a tow, next morning it started, ran for 15 km and stopped again. Ended up replacing the ECU, SKIM and key, now it works.

Old ECU did not have the rubber plug in the case so I believe water got inside during the heavy rain.

Last edited by Adrian D; 17-08-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 17-08-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian D View Post
Drove in some very serious rain and after an hour of driving it stopped and wouldn't crank. Got a tow, next morning it started, ran for 15 km and stopped again. Ended up replacing the ECU, SKIM and key, now it works.

Old ECU did not have the rubber plug in the case so I believe water got inside during the heavy rain.
Ouch, that's nasty. where did you pick up the new ECU from?
What rubber plug are you talking about?
Old 17-08-2016
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 231 Times in 188 Posts

My friend who is a mechanic towed me to his shop, he has all sorts of spares for Jeeps. I might have not mentioned this is for the CRD

The plug is circled in red:

I might buy a cheap one off ebay since it does not come with a key and SKIM, and have the immobilizer deleted.
Old 20-08-2016
Established Member

I 'borrowed' a double pallet with nice thick plywood top and cut out a new base for the back. I cut up some angle iron to make a stop and tie down point for the fridge and also made a frame out of the angle iron for the battery box, bit dark to see in this pic.
I have enough room on the left for a small drawer or cubby type thing for my flat plastic box thingo I usually take camping, then the other tubs can sit on top.
2016-08-20_05-28-29 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
Old 21-08-2016
Established Member

Alright, I fiddled around and could perfectly fit a cubby with shelf on top going all the way to the back seats with this old plastic tray thing I had laying around, works perfectly, the side hangs over a bit and is all supported with a long piece of angle iron, the fridge, battery box all fit nicely with some breathing room for the fridge at the back.I might make up some brackets or run a strap to hold down the tubs I usually take that fit perfectly on the carpeted bit on top.
It seems with this I can fit much more in now, hmm. I just need to trim the carpet a bit, although not fussed for now, I ran out of staples.
I left a strip of bare wood at the front between the carpeted bit and the brackets for the fridge as I reckon I will hinge that piece in the future to allow some access to the spare wheel well when I work out some sort of spare wheel mounting for the rear bar, or roof.
2016-08-21_02-21-13 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr

Last edited by Grippy; 21-08-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Installed Ironman shocks.
Post New Thread  Reply