Former EVO owner - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Sticky's - New members please stop by
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-04-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Former EVO owner

Hi Guys.

Ive been an EVO nut thru and thru till i had a brain explosion and sold the evo and bought a JK wrangler... now i wanna modify it. Now coming from a car background i got no clue about 4WD.

Any ideas where i can get some big monster wheels and get the thing raised from... im in St kilda , melbourne
Old 18-04-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

There is lots of different ways to do it.. depending on..

budget?
what you plan to use it for?
mechanical back ground? (can you do any of the work yourself)

either way you have gone from one legendary car to another... love the evo's.. my next car once I get some points back
Old 18-04-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

budget is not a problem. i tracked and dragged my evo so would off road the jeep. now ive got my head around sizes and stuff ... would 35" tyres be too big this thing...

my evos in perth actually... all 300KWS of it
Old 18-04-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

35" tyres are not too big. You'd be looking at something like a "Rubicon Express 3.5" superflex kit" to do 35" tyres. Go to www.wooders.com.au and you can see what he has available for the JK, or just call him and he'll set you on the right path.

Alternatively Cal at http://www.caloffroad.com.au is also good to speak to.

Goodluck!
Old 18-04-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

you can also try quadratec.com for parts... but I definatly recomend wooders he is a wealth of knowledge..

35's will require a re-gear of the diffs.. among other things

300kw very nice.... what colour was it... what did it run down the quarter?
Old 18-04-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh, Stanly, I presume you bought the petrol? Are you doing anything performance-wise to the thing?
Old 18-04-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it was an aus spec red TME... ran a 11.8 down the quater, miss that car so much so i thought id start modding this thing before i sell it and get another evo
thanks guys, this is helpfull info, so bigger wheels would require re -gearing the diffs... is it as big a job as it sounds
i thought you'd be able to throw some wheels on and off you go
Post New Thread  Reply