What size of lift/tires are you most interested in? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-05-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadJK View Post
heard wonderfull things about the fox shocks but the price is the scary bit..
I've got a 3" lift with 35's and the Fox shocks. Will be taking her out for the first time this sunday, so looking forward to it.

Had over 50mm of rain already today, and expecting more saturday & sunday so I will be very happy with the extra clearance i'm sure.
Old 25-05-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraFlex View Post
TeraFlex is curious about what Australian Jeepers want under their JK's. Here in the US, most seem to run a 2.5"-3" for 35's. Myself I'm running a 4" LA kit with 37's.
[/URL]
TeraFlex,
I have the unlimited CRD and I'm running the ARB 50mm lift with a 1 inch coil spacer and 34" tyres. I will be upgrading eventually to ~3.5" lift as I love rock crawling and I hate belly rash. The unlimited's breakover is poor. Will upgrade tyres to match the lift.(35-37 inch)
Cheers
Jose
Old 25-05-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyC76 View Post
Mr Bond,

terraflex have a great video which out lines the tyre sizes for the JK.
Please review at your leasure.
Marvellous. Thank you.

JB

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)
Old 25-05-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I agree with the first reply - the rules, the policing of the rules and ramifications from the insurance aspect makes the 2in to 2.5in lift with 33's most popular in my opinion. We can go higher, but to do it legally in most states you need to get the vehicle engineer approved, which is something that most people either cant afford or dont know how to do.

That said, most people would get away with 2.5in providing the vehicle doesnt look silly, like a 2.5in lift with 29in tyres for example. We also can not have tyres stick out past the flares, nor can we increase the wheel track by more than 2in, so an 8in rim can only have around 5.25in back space which really limits our wheel choice to keep strictly within the letter of the law. Have noticed the AEV rims listed for the JK are all strictly illegal on ours, but the same Pintler rim listed for the WK/XK is actually spot on our legal maximum (and a nice rim too!)

I think its one of the reasons the ARB 50mm lift has been so popular. However, given the variety of vehicles and accessories, you would need probably 3 sets of springs to make it possible - as in a 2in kit for stock 2 doors, a 2in kit for stock 4 doors or 2 doors with bars and winches etc, and a 2in for loaded 4 doors. Then maybe 1/2 inch levelling spacers to bring back up the really loaded ones.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 25-05-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 86 Times in 40 Posts

I daily drive with a 4.5" lift and 37s and its' fine, and yes i still fit all car parks/ my garage.

I'm seeing lots more JK's with the same set up these days

that being said it's much cheaper and easier to run 35s which is where I think most aussie jk owners want to be, but settle for 33s and a 2" lift

Old 25-05-2012
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been running a 3" lift and 35" tyres for the last couple of years and have recently returned to stock for a while. Thought the combo was great offroad and for daily driving.

JTO
Old 25-05-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

i would love 4" and 37's, Long Arm would be even better. But in NSW i am highly doubt full of finding and engineer that will even think about it. is it possible for a company such as terraflex to pre engineer a kit? to say if this is installed to a certain spec, than any jk running it will be legal... i know i am off in dream world because it would be impossible but it would up sales of larger lifts so much more!!!! i am thinking a 4" lift with control arm drop brackets and updated arms to keep the arms really flexible but not on a harsh angle that will affect ride and 35's. I would much rather the 37 and LA though... and this is on my 4 door petrol
Post New Thread  Reply