Grand cherokee pics share them (ZJ/WJ) - Page 16 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2007

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8val View Post
thanx mate, much appreciated, better than what my wife thinks after last weekends mud fun. still havent sorted the strange noises heres a couple o pics. kit was from rocky-road.com. great really well sorted kit, has all the parts to go. crossmember and rear diff spacers to correct any driveshaft angle issues, nice germen shocks,sweet new tubular front control arms, feel great, old man emu springs and spacers, and finally rear swaybar extension brackets,. check it out, pretty good value and the dollar is up to 84 cents.also it handles 200% better now too. much improved road handling

this pic was with freshly fitted kit and standard tyres

this is last weekend at Beerwah

this is to show the difference between mine and standard. here with my current 265/75/16 tyres. no scrub problems either, only touches inner plastic cover inside front guards. nothin a heat gun cant fix
Yep thats a great looking Grand mate where in beewah did you go we are going in there on sunday
Old 08-06-2007
TerraFlexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice grand v8val!!

Do you still have the standard panhard rod?
Just curious cos mine goes up 3" next week and will require an extended/adjustable panhard (when I can find one!!!!!!)
Wooders is making some.
If the panhard is stock hows the steering?

Matt
2013 WK2 3.0
CRDSTU Lift | Uneek BullBar | Mopar Skids
Old 09-06-2007
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 35 Times in 31 Posts

oh yeah the kit had an adjustable panhard rod too. thanks Kyro. just went near mount beerwah.just followed the track past the car park for the mount. not bad, could have gotten boring was it not for the mud. but there is a lot of narrow logging trails with some really good sections all over the place. keen to go back soon. cant sunday though, bugger
Old 09-06-2007

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

yeah there are lots of great trails in there been going in there for years and still have not done them all... jump on to our site and keep any eye on trips we do and pop along to a few if you like we have a member in maleny in a red TJ
Old 09-06-2007
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 35 Times in 31 Posts
Unhappy

yeah mate i will.still gotta spend today findin out what the hell is up with my car. reckon its maybe front wheel bearings but i gotta get hold of a 36mm socket to get in there and have a look.
Old 09-06-2007
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGC View Post
Nice action shots bill, whats the next mod your doing to it.
Where is this track you took the pics at.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 09-06-2007
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Nice pics v8val, by the way did you get the front disconnects as well.

Today I will be putting my custom control arms received yesterday from the states (adjustable front upper, lower front and lower rear) and will be putting on the longer rancho shock for the rear which close to 440mm and open to 725mm which is 100mm longer than my previous rancho, saw out in the tracks that the springs and the swabar links had more potential flex in them and the shocks were stopping them.

The rear diff has been stuffed with a trac-loc lsd courtesy of CPAGE so now it has that extra aid for offroad in the rear Ill take pics of the control arms.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Post New Thread  Reply