What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 202 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this week i have installed some of my poly gear
front rear reloc brackets
rear upper and lower control arms
front upper control arms
bump stops
Now waiting on the rest to fit before the big trip hoping next wk

Also got a 100 ah ritta battery under the front seat hooked up to the new red ark charger fits in there nicely

if the jeeps happy i am
Old 10-09-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Battery

How did you fit the 100AH under the front seat. i hae a 85AH Full River which did not fit very well under the front seat. I have installed in the cargo area behind the rear seat. I may need to look at the front seat option again as it takes up valuable limited cargo space, but will do for now. i intend on getting a storage tub installed where the muffler sits one day. Can you still slide your seat back and forth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxon View Post
this week i have installed some of my poly gear
front rear reloc brackets
rear upper and lower control arms
front upper control arms
bump stops
Now waiting on the rest to fit before the big trip hoping next wk

Also got a 100 ah ritta battery under the front seat hooked up to the new red ark charger fits in there nicely
Old 10-09-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah i had to leave my 60 litre waceo on the floor other wise i had no chance of opening it as it hit the roll bar. On a slide it hit the rear pull up window. So if your lookin at buying a fridge get a low profile one. Or try the arb on that opens from the front (same angle as the rear window) on a slide. make sure u fit it on the right hand side away from the wiper box on the rear window.

looks like a good set up very tidy. Your jeeps coming along nicely

if the jeeps happy i am
Old 10-09-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default fridge

The Engel 40l and ARB 47l both fit on the left hand side. The is a little more length on the rhs. Many larger 60l fridges will not fit, especially on the lhd as they are to long, ARB are about to bring out a 60l which I understand is the same length as the 47, just a bit wider. so I am waiting on this, as my 40l is a little to small for the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxon View Post
how much room is left for a fridge and slide now?
Old 10-09-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktom View Post
How did you fit the 100AH under the front seat. i hae a 85AH Full River which did not fit very well under the front seat. I have installed in the cargo area behind the rear seat. I may need to look at the front seat option again as it takes up valuable limited cargo space, but will do for now. i intend on getting a storage tub installed where the muffler sits one day. Can you still slide your seat back and forth?
yeah got it on its side under the seat. cut the carpet out put some marine carpet(little thinner) under the battery and a packed one side up as its hard against the drivers side and not levell. Pinned the spacer down to secure battery. snug fit. Seat still moves if needed.

my rita pretty sure measured 305Lx 168W x 208 H
the main concern was the hieght so i put it on its side to make it 168 H

if the jeeps happy i am

Last edited by moxon; 10-09-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-09-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Built a Cargo floor for fridge and battery

Built a new cargo floor to hold 2nd battery and and fridge, made a cut out for the underfloor storage, and ready for fridge slide. Need to build a new subwoofer box to mount up on the wheel well behind the back seat. I may add a false floor about 180mm higher so I can install some sliding draw type boxes under the floor, and use one of those fridge slides that fold down so the misus can see in the fridge. Needs some carpet, but will complete that after i return from a camping trip in a two weeks time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020386.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	42480   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020388.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	42481   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020392.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	42482  
Old 10-09-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Talk about a hot jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK07 View Post
Installed the second Air compressor for just pumping up the tyres. The first one is under the front passenger seat for lockers and sway bar disconnect.

Next mod this weekend would be dual battery setup Optima D34

It never ends..........
Hey JK07,
Be very careful you don't catch your boot on fire. Those little compressors get VERY hot.
This combined with a confined space, chipboard toolbox cover and plastic carpet I think you are asking for trouble.
Post New Thread  Reply