Commander Bullbars - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-04-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks good. You never know - one day we all might be able to have one!!!
Old 24-04-2008
LIVING IN THE OUTBACK

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bar will be powder coated Antique Sliver Hammertone which really is close to black with a hint of silver colour. My XH is Khakai Green 2 shades off Black really but who's counting. Bullbars are built in Brisbane and will be priced close to $2000 depends on finish you want Painted / Powercoated / Polished ,,,,, Mine will have 2x 100mm sealed beam spot lights mounted in the face .Also available will be bush bars and side steps or rock sliders ....dam the choices are good. Should know final price Monday or Tuesday will pass on information as soon as I can ..
Old 24-04-2008
Jeepin' is incurable....

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 69 Times in 55 Posts

Since it's alloy will there be a (cheaper) option to leave it plain, my car is Bright Silver....
Old 24-04-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And following on from Micfee, my bar was measured up earlier this week (same place) and gets fitted on this coming Wed, compete with side rails and side steps.
I fitted Cooper 245/70R17's today. Gets Bogaard turbo timer on Mon, some Jeep warranty stuff on Tues, new Bullbar etc on Wed, and the ATS suspension (Bilsteins and Dobinsons) on Thu.
The complete outfit will then be (the rest of the gear is already on):
Commander 2007 CRD 7-seater wagon (bright silver): Full wrap alloy bullbar with side rails & side steps, 75 mm ATS lift kit (Billstein shocks front & rear, Dobinson springs front & rear), Cooper 245/70R17 ST 10 ply LT tyres with two spares, 2 x 10 000 lb front recovery hooks, 100 Watt Codan 9323 2-way HF radio with external auto-tune antenna, Iridium 9505A satellite phone with external antenna, GME TX3440 UHF, Uniden UH075 UHF, Telstra Jasjam NextG phone kit with external antenna, front and rear 50A Anderson plugs, Rhino roof bars with Rhino spare tyre carrier, Rhino Hi-lift jack carrier and Rhino long-handle shovel carrier, 3.25 inch ID snorkel hose adaptor, HP IPAQ Travel companion PDA with TomTom and OziExplorer navigation software, Replacement rear view mirror (LCD screen) with twin auto-select reverse camera system (car and van), Bogaard turbo timer, LightForce 170 striker spot lights, Tekonsha Prodigy Brake controller, grasshopper and stone guard protection screens on radiator and intercooler, 2.4 m fibreglass pole with high vis reflective sandflag, Hayman Reese 750 weight distribution hitch, 12-pin trailer plug. Towed vehicles: Stockman Podtrailer (All-Roader) or 20 ft Bushtracker

Will post some photos when the suspension has been fitted.
Old 25-04-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

East Coast Bull Bars?
Old 25-04-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nope. Those w**kers were just stuffing us about. It's a small firm on the south side of Brissy. They are boutique BB makers. The proprietor used to work for ECB though. In their workshop, they have Coaster buses, etc. Basically, make bullbars to order.
As Michael said, they just want to make sure all's well with this one before spruiking their wares and getting anyone too excited (however, I'm certainly excited!).
Note that the bottom portion of the front fenders has to be cut away to fit the wraparound bar, as it is a replacement bumper.
Still, there're adding a HF mount on one side for me, and a mount for my sand flag on the drivers side. I've already got the mobile phone and UHF aerials mounted off the guard.
Old 25-04-2008
Jeepin' is incurable....

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 69 Times in 55 Posts

Will they supply kit and install instructions only or do I have to drive to Brissy to get it fitted?
Post New Thread  Reply