FSJ: 460 Big Block Ground up Resto - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2015

What Jeep do I drive?: FSJ
Liked 35 Times in 14 Posts

All packed up and ready for rainbow.

As you can see the spare didn't make it into its box I made, instead I hired a camper and put the spare on the draw bar, and loaded the jeep up with some tools, just expecting every problem I suppose.

....and lucky I loaded the tools....

Fkn hire trailer. Someone doesn't know how to tighten wheels nuts. Couldn't feel a thing until bang.

Took 3 studs out of the left side and put them on the right with the spare. Got it going again.

Jeep ran awesome all weekend!

Here's a screen shot from my mates dash cam. Look closely, the wheel is on the right and the trailer is higher then the roof!

Old 24-12-2015

So a quick freshen up over Christmas for the engine was planned, then it got out of hand.

4.5" scat crank with 2.2" mains
454 6.7" Chev rod
4.390" 429 Pistons

Makes it 545 cubes

New comp cam, not overly big, 3000-6500rpm, 590" lift, 282 over 50 with 110 lobe sep.

New springs, chain, lifters, retainers etc.

Almost went dual tunnel ram but the rear carby would have fouled on the firewall, so just going single 1150cfm now with the same intake.

On the left of that picture is the new transfer case shifter (cable jb fab) can pick front or rear high or low separately, arb compressor and 9" 35spline airlocker off to the left.

Box is coming out and getting rebuilt and a new converter.

Car is going back to the panel beaters too after I get the engine out finally.

Hope fully it will be back with the new diff and engine complete!
Old 12-12-2016

Earlier in the year I ended up fitted my JBFab twin stick kit for my transfer.

Was an absolute prick of a job, but I got it done. Eventually. After lots of swearing. It's done. Got the transfer case rebuilt at the same time. $1200 later, had a bent main shaft lol!

Just gotta get new carpet now.

Also did a disc brake rear conversion. I should have waiting for the new Diff but I wanted to go on a camping trip and tow a trailer, and the brakes were shithouse. The rear drums didn't even work.

I used GQ discs and Subaru brumby front calipers. Should be able to rig up a working handbrake now too.

Also got new Tyres and the rims power coated. I ended up getting procomp xtreme MTZs. They are an awesome tyre, much better all round compared to the wranglers and really good in the wet.

Bought yet another doner jeep and managed to pillage some parts out of it, one being these seats. Original 84s, they are awesome and mint condition.

Also took it to a local show n shine and got runner up best 4x4, got beaten by a full tube comp truck lol

And a few pics of moreton island. Was a top weekend!

Other then using 260odd liters of fuel it ran faultless all week.

My ute was in Sydney for a job and I flew back for a couple of days and used the jeep for work, popped the Diff on the way to the post office! tow truck home and now it's been sitting since May.
Old 22-01-2017

Well, decided I wanted to get the jeep running for my Christmas holidays!

Started by pulling the engine out

Surprising how good this thing ran, when the rings from pots 1,3 and 7 came out like this.

Motor was sent off for machining and balancing around early December, few days later we had all the bits back. Took it down to drew at Pacer Mechanical for assembly. Bit of detail when into the machining to make sure the compression was right, but turned out perfect on 9.8:1.

Back in the car with the 3000rpm stall fitted

All up and running. Have to say, it's a bit of a menace now!
Old 22-01-2017

Spent the last remaining days at work using this thing to commute, it's practical... :drinks2:

Spent the holidays really enjoying it

Christmas Day at the inlaws farm

Double island point, rainbow beach

Mates house for New Years

And last week I entered it in a show and shine and got Best 4x4!

Old 23-01-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Wow really enjoyed the read and pics... awesome looking trucks .. congrats on an awesome build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23-01-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Amazing FSJ! A work of art.

You are lucky the camper trailer incident didn't go worse...
Post New Thread  Reply