Grand cherokee (WK) pics share them - Page 103 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-05-2018
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 19 Times in 9 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giannig View Post
I got it from Jax in Mitchelton. It cost me $240 fitted. Unfortunately there aren't many options in this size.
I've seen this one on Ebay that looks like a good deal.
Old 20-05-2018
I just registered

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

Looks like a good price.
Old 20-08-2018
Established Member

Liked 45 Times in 28 Posts
Default most recent jaunt

With the jeep having been behaving herself for a little while now we took her for a spin up the highway a couple of weekends ago to Halls Gap towing the new van. This would be our first outing in the van so a good test for both.

Gee the weather was kind to us..having taken the Friday off work we headed off. This would be that Friday when the Northerly wind blew Melbourne off the map. From home we were sideways all the way to the Westgate, Ive never seen wind like that on the Pakenham bypass.

The van isnt a huge weight in comparison with some with an ATM of 2.7 tn, I reckon we were just about on it all loaded up, so much so I had invested in a WDH which was quite good.

We went up the Pentlands doing approx 80 kmh and was sometimes in 5th gear cos of the wind but the temperatures stayed steady..gearbox 95, oil 105

The fun part was at the bottom of Pykes Resevoir..I let the car run down the hill and just as we were almost on the bridge at the bottom a huge gust just hit us and blew us half into the emergency lane...so I just floored it and slowly eased it all back into the lane but it all seemed to stay steady on the road which was good. Seems I had set up the hitch properly and had the weight spot on.

After ballarat it eased off and got to Halls Gap at about 2 pm. The car had chewed through nearly 3/4 of a tank of juice and fuel usage was around 17.5 I deliberatley kept it between 90 - 100 kmh

Saturday it rained all day so we just hung out in the van and got used to it all and idled home Sunday. Fuel was down to 15.5 for the trip home and used half a tank

But the old girl did well as she has done 106,000 now but she just charged on...really happy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1695.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	77717   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1701.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	77718  
Old 25-08-2018
I just registered

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Smile New Jeep Owner

G'day guys. Newbie here who has just put a deposit on a 2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo with only 25,000 k's! I'm picking it up next. It's a replacement for my AWD Ford Territory so I'm looking forward to having an actual 4WD. It's pretty much stock part from the factory fitted upgrade of the Quadralift (?) air suspension (if that's what it's called) - that was a major selling point. I plan on fitting a black low profile nudge bar to mount my spotlights too, but finding a nice unit seems to be proving difficult...

And can someone confirm for me if a 2012 is a WK or WK2 (newb question sorry)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9658.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	77729  
Old 27-08-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelso19 View Post
G'day guys. Newbie here who has just put a deposit on a 2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo with only 25,000 k's! I'm picking it up next. It's a replacement for my AWD Ford Territory so I'm looking forward to having an actual 4WD. It's pretty much stock part from the factory fitted upgrade of the Quadralift (?) air suspension (if that's what it's called) - that was a major selling point. I plan on fitting a black low profile nudge bar to mount my spotlights too, but finding a nice unit seems to be proving difficult...

And can someone confirm for me if a 2012 is a WK or WK2 (newb question sorry)

G'day mate, 2011 - Current is WK2. Nice low K's!
Old 02-09-2018
I just registered

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

New shoes for my MY18 Trailhawk!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0578.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	77747   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0577.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	77748   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0579.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	77749  
Old 28-09-2018
I just registered

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Before:

After: matt black grille and badges, new Hankook ATM's, Rhino rack, awning, Chief nudge bar and recovery hooks, Narva LED spotties

Still to come: darker tint, black wheels, fridge slide and who knows
Post New Thread  Reply