Who else has a build list like this, and... - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 64 Times in 46 Posts

She gets her selection of hands bags etc and I have my interests. We had cup cakes so maybe it's the quantity of cake??
Old 10-01-2016
I just registered

Liked 53 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Well if she knows it makes you happy and you still have food on the table and the bills are getting paid she shouldn't have any issues with it. My accountant blurted out the costs of my Jeep enhancements in front of my missus and she just said "is that how much everything cost?" I said yep and that was it
If you take her out in the Jeep she will also benefit from the money you have spent so you can easily justify it by saying it was to spend more time with her and you would be willing to spend all your spare cash on spending time with her (and your Jeep)
Old 10-01-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 191 Times in 138 Posts

Lol, you just got to setup the spare cash system, basically you work out how much you want/need to live, then how much you want to be saving a week then the rest is split by the percentage of income you each bring in which goes in to the individuals spare cash account. If you are on a good wicket then you just have 10-20% of each persons income go into their separate account and the rest into the shared accounts.

What the other person wants to do with their "spare cash" is their business, for the guys who have no idea you want to be spending at least 20% of what is going into you "spare cash" account on your partner.

As for the list, it just looks like what is required to bring the vehicle up to "a reasonable modern safety standard", there is certainly much more than can be added that would not be considered "necessary" but beneficial

Last edited by Redemptioner; 10-01-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 64 Times in 46 Posts

It's only money can always earn more
Old 10-01-2016
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
forgiveness is easier than permission
That's my philosophy as well.

It's also the reason I'm on my 3rd marriage.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 10-01-2016
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts

What she doesn't know, can't hurt me!

Seriously though, my wife has never said anything as long as it makes me happy, she is happy.
Old 10-01-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 40 Times in 24 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemptioner View Post
Lol, you just got to setup the spare cash system, basically you work out how much you want/need to live, then how much you want to be saving a week then the rest is split by the percentage of income you each bring in which goes in to the individuals spare cash account. If you are on a good wicket then you just have 10-20% of each persons income go into their separate account and the rest into the shared accounts.

What the other person wants to do with their "spare cash" is their business, for the guys who have no idea you want to be spending at least 20% of what is going into you "spare cash" account on your partner.

As for the list, it just looks like what is required to bring the vehicle up to "a reasonable modern safety standard", there is certainly much more than can be added that would not be considered "necessary" but beneficial
I like the "reasonable modern safety standard"... I can use that. My post was more a question of how much I could get done before she notices, rather than permission. Kind of like a personal challenge! Permission really isn't an issue, given that she has a purpose built dedicated shoe wardrobe. My Jeep, my money. My Triumph Thunderbird is about done now, the JKUS is now the focus of my discretionary cash.

Anyhow, now that we've gotten past that, any comments about the list itself? Anything glaring that I've missed? I've had the JKU for about a year now, and have purposely delayed major modifications until I'd done enough research and narrowed down my options, based on functionality, price, personal preference and asthetics. I did cheat slightly by already installing a levelling kit, but I just couldn't stand it at stock height any longer, and it was a cheap and easy interim step.
Previous Jeeps: 1998 TJ Sport, 1999 XJ Cherokee
Post New Thread  Reply