New track conditions app - feedback wanted! - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-03-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Keen for this app. Let us know when it's ready. I have signed up.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2017
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Hi guys

I wanted to provide an update on this app. We have continued to progress the project and currently we are recruiting 4wders to help collect baseline data. Initial focus will be on capturing track data for Victoria, with a focus on the High Country region.

Please yell out if you are interested in providing GPS track data (you might already be recording your tracks). We will be offering free use of the app (including premium features) on launch for those who contribute.

Many thanks

James.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 19-04-2018
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Hi all

Quick update on progress - we have further progressed with development and have gained access to a huge dataset of GPS track logs covering most of Australia. This will represent our baseline dataset and we plan to have something out in the market by October.

I have been doing the rounds visiting 4x4 club member meetings (in Vic) to spread the word and gain valuable feedback. Support from the community has been fantastic, showing a real need for this solution.

We have also built a prototype analysis engine which can ingest standard GPX track logs to figure out where problem areas are along tracks. Difficulty is based on comparing performance of cars and their respective setups.

Check out the mock up screenshots in the galley on our website at www.newtracs.com.au/gallery

Cheers
James
Old 12-12-2018
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update on this for those who haven't been getting newsletters. I have release a prototype version of my newly built 4wd track map. The map includes track difficulties which I welcome you to scrutinise for accuracy. Testing has shown excellent results so far. This map has been made from track logs of multiple users, and our database continues to grow from contributions of personal track logs. I can process standard GPX track logs exported by most GPS tracker apps/devices.

www.newtracs.com.au/track-map

I have also put up a quick 1 min walkthrough of navigating the map. See here https://youtu.be/E8mX7dAp6i

As always keen to get your feedback on how it works and level of accuracy based on your knowledge.

Note this map doesn't work offline, still working on the mobile app for iOS and will be out early next year.

IF YOU HAVE TRACK LOGS, please consider contributing to the database! See https://www.newtracs.com.au/track-log-upload.

500 KMs of track logs submitted will get you your first years subscription to premium features for free as well as first go at the app as a beta tester.

Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates.

Cheers guys
James
Old 01-05-2019
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 50 Times in 41 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Sounds great, but as I'm usually driving where there's little or no phone range, i.e. WA, SA, NT, and outback Qld, wouldn't be much use to me. THOUGH it would be incredibly useful in those places

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk