list the issues you have had with your kj - Page 13 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-02-2007
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemcc

Transmission - Since the last service (light bulb moment) have had major problems with the transmission - bumps and bangs, no drive then all drive in slopes mainly. Yesterdays answer was very low fluid level, why I asked, is there a leak? Ans. No, not that we could find. So why was the fluid low when you serviced the car only two weeks ago. Ans. Maybe we didn't fill it to the correct level!

Of all of the above the ball joints gave me real concern but now I've got that bad feeling that the transmission is toasted. What are your experiences of getting something like this replaced under warrenty, just in case?

If your tansmission is really buggered, and they made the admission of fault, "that they had not filled the oil level correctly" I'd be pushing for a new one as their workmanship may have caused damage that will result in the failure of an engine component, if not now, in the future.

Interesting you say your getting Bumps and grinds, did it shudder when you were standing still? like it was trying to move and the auto clutch was still grabbing at idle?? And did you hear a real rattling sound when you come to a stop going downhill? Because thats what mine has started doing, strangely I also had my vehicle serviced (48000) only a few weeks ago??

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 27-02-2007
A.K.A Rentagheyde :-)

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i gotta see if mines in one piece long enough lol to go to coffs but fingers x'ed

as i got told there is a jeep dealer there for "warrany issues" lol
Old 01-03-2007
AJOR Gold

Default things that make cmohr go - hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmohr

Interesting you say your getting Bumps and grinds, did it shudder when you were standing still? like it was trying to move and the auto clutch was still grabbing at idle?? And did you hear a real rattling sound when you come to a stop going downhill? Because thats what mine has started doing, strangely I also had my vehicle serviced (48000) only a few weeks ago??

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.
Standing still shudder - from new only for a second then ok - but everyone I test drove did the same thing. From the service and now shudder for to 10 then ok

Rattling - Nope, or maybe not yet. will keep you posted once I can get the baby stuff, dog's stuff, recovery stuff to stop rattling.

But the latest is today everything is back again - bangs and bumps, down shifts that make your teath rattle when going up hill. ARGH@!!!!
Old 01-03-2007
No Winching

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Heard today rattling could be somethiong to do with oil pickup, and steep hills....but, I always have drive no probs.

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 05-03-2007
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rear brakes making noises_two attemtps fixed it but not happy with rear discs being machined each time.
Ball joint recall-replaced.
vehicle has gone into limp home mode 3 times (engine management light on each time)
They now think it is torque converter,it is now sitting in dealers awaiting parts,losing confidence in vehicle, if it fails agian it is going!
Old 06-03-2007
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh and I also had an intercooler hose blow off last week just as I was cruising down the road. That was special.
Old 06-03-2007
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

nothing bad to report today http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ons/icon10.gif