What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 62 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-02-2020
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Bought another drawer to match, bolted her up to the ply floor, all good. The latch on the left one rattles and drives me nuts, might have to take it apart.
20200229_124050
Pivots up, held up by a space age aluminium jack handle, resting on a bolt, very sophisticated. At least it would only be the fridge and any tubs I had sitting on top that would have to come out, my WJ setup meant everything had to go.
20200229_124500
Old 01-03-2020
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 106 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy View Post
Bought another drawer to match, bolted her up to the ply floor, all good. The latch on the left one rattles and drives me nuts, might have to take it apart.
20200229_124050
Pivots up, held up by a space age aluminium jack handle, resting on a bolt, very sophisticated. At least it would only be the fridge and any tubs I had sitting on top that would have to come out, my WJ setup meant everything had to go.
20200229_124500
Looking good. Great setup you have there.
Old 01-03-2020
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepersCreepers13 View Post
Looking good. Great setup you have there.
Cheers, I can't wait to try it out. Need to get away. Haha.
It seems I can fit a whole lot of stuff in these 2 drawers, saving me the need for having the plastic tubs. I just need to use it a few times to fine tune it,. My coffee setup in the WJ was fantastic. I could have a coffee brewing in the plunger within a few minutes. Fridge is much better in the back I reckon, compared to on the backseat in the WJ. I reckon I need to make some separators to keep some stuff separate, such as coffee gear, cooking gear.
Old 02-03-2020
AJOR Bronze

Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
I have had a Hi Lift/Jack All jack for many years, (40) it was once used and taken away on many trips with the Landy, G60, Zook and FJ55 I haven't had a vehicle which I could use it on since so it sits in the shed as a memory of times past when FWD's were..... my ZG, WG, Colorado and now WK2 don't have anywhere to lift from and using as a winch really means your in it Deep....... lifting from a tow bar is just plain dumb, hence I used to have an exhaust jack beats the crap out of a Hi Lift anyway just doesn't look as cool.
I've carried a Hi Lift jack for years as well. It was easier to use on the Wrangler than the standard jack due to the lift. It's also handy on the camper trailer.

I'm also a big believer in carrying an exhaust jack as I do most of my driving on sand, they are so quick and easy. I haven't thrown it in the back of the GC as I don't know how good it would be with dual exhausts. It's something I must try out.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 02-03-2020
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,924 Times in 2,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
I'm also a big believer in carrying an exhaust jack as I do most of my driving on sand, they are so quick and easy. I haven't thrown it in the back of the GC as I don't know how good it would be with dual exhausts. It's something I must try out.
My exhaust jack sadly passed away from old age, certainly the way to go, being a sand runner I now use a shovel, but really an exhaust jack is the way to go, I suppose finding something to make a larger bell hose end or possibly just a pipe to stick in the exhaust........ Haven't got stuck in the Jeep yet and aim not to.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 02-03-2020
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
My exhaust jack sadly passed away from old age, certainly the way to go, being a sand runner I now use a shovel, but really an exhaust jack is the way to go, I suppose finding something to make a larger bell hose end or possibly just a pipe to stick in the exhaust........ Haven't got stuck in the Jeep yet and aim not to.
I haven't had a good look under the Jeep yet, I know slack hey. Do the dual exhausts have a common crossover rendering the exhaust jack useless on the 3.0 or are they separate pipes? I know they're freaking hot, from leaning at the back waiting for the shopping at the click and collect.
Old 03-03-2020
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,924 Times in 2,317 Posts

It splits down near the diff, be interesting to see if it would inflate off one pipe....

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply