Narre Warren Tip - CLOSED ACCESS (Dec 2013) - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Organise a Trip in your state > Victoria
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-12-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Narre Warren Tip - CLOSED ACCESS (Dec 2013)

Xpost from a reply I've just supplied... please read if in SE/Narre Warren area:

Hi Members of Aus Jeep Off Road.

My name is John... and yep, I'm the owner of the very block of land many 4x4 enthusiasts have been using to gain access into the old "Narre Warren Tip".

Guys... let me first off say here, I'm not here to rain on anyone's parade.

You all like your 4x4's and good on you for enjoying your hobby.

But what I do want to say is that right now - EVERYONE (Not just Aus Jeep Off Road Members) are currently illegally trespassing through my very backyard, on my private property to gain access into this yard.

I've had 4x4's going up dumping rubbish, tearing up my back yard, doing burnouts and just generally having absolute no respect for our property.

Its quite shameful really and it frustrates me that people would do this as I'd never envision doing this to another mans land despite having a 4x4 myself.

Right now - you need to know that the entry point is BLOCKED.

It is filled with rocks that you wouldn't be able to winch or snatch strap out and in January, it will be bollarded with concrete and perimeter fencing set up around my entire property.

I have no problem with your hobby - but if you ARE on my block, than we DO have a serious problem and we WILL take every measure within our rights.

Again - I'm not here to ruin anyone's fun - but I want to share with you that I'm a young man myself and I have children. I also have pets and all I want is for them to be able to play safely in our backyard.

You'd think that I shouldn't have to justify it, its my yard after all...But I'm coming here peacefully and want to appeal to all those here, who'll read this and know the track that takes you to the Tip/Kurll Park via Brundett Rd- to simply stay off.

This is my land, my family. I hope you'll understand this.

Imagine looking out your backyard each night and seeing people do this in your very own yard? Its unbelievably disrespectful and everyone... EVERYONE who is doing this know's they are not supposed to be there and knows they should not be accessing from here.

If we see you on the yard ( Again - right now, 24/12/13.. there is 100% no access via this property) - we will record you're registration (extensive CCTV set up supplied by police/council) and we have the full support of both Narre Warren Police and Councils Full support to fully prosecute you.

We have already had one "nuisance" vehicle who despite warnings, came back who police caught and are now charging.

So guys.... enjoy your vehicles. Just not in my backyard?

That's fair isn't it?

It's not all of you here who are doing this - but by previous posts - some of you are!

I'm coming here to simply ask you show your respect for my property and choose an alternative

Regards
John - Narre Warren Tip
Old 24-12-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

good on ya mate clearly some people have no respect for peoples property
Old 24-12-2013
MudSplasher

Liked 133 Times in 104 Posts

I noticed the home made sign (stolen real estate for sale sign) that asks to stay off. I respect that as I never knew someone owned the land. So I went via the main entry from the power station that is a tarmac road to watch the sun set.. You do not need to go via this guys land.

How ever on that note, what are the rules to enter that land? because I have seen some down right F$%^ wits there just making a mess and being stupid.
Old 24-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

If this place cannot be built on and is essentially useless maybe it would be the perfect place for a 4wd Park.

Completely agree with this bloke. Private land is private and trespassers should be appropriately punished. I cannot imagine anything more frustrating than people ripping up and hooning on private property

Sent from my C5503 using Tapatalk
Old 24-12-2013
MudSplasher

Liked 133 Times in 104 Posts

There is the main access (huge ass hill from the back) that people drive up which houses are getting built around, which I guess is this dude's land. which is where I saw the sign. So i guess just use the road to the power station and not his land to get up and everyone's happy?
Old 24-12-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Midnight Mods...

Yep - those signs are 100% made by me, with the support of every neighbour on that street.

You know what people are doing to those signs - pulling them down and driving over the top of them!

The signs have said "Private Property" or "No Tresspassing".

Hell, even when we first tried to appeal to people we wrote "This is our Backyard, please stay off"... and nope - 4x4 after 4x4 would drive either around it, or yeah - smash it and over the top of it!

I've approached a dozen guys and all have said "Oh, sorry, didn't know"... but they've also driven straight past a private property sign.

Its incredibly frustrating mate. It's hard to share just how frustrating it is, having family and having blokes in beefed up cars think they have some sort of right to do this.

This morning the council secured and blocked it. Its a huge effort and as I said, earlier - will be even further secured with fencing and Bollarding.

Right now - the sign says "Access Blocked" - but I still had some guy climb the hill at 8pm tonight, only to turn around.

Anyway.... let me 100% unquestionably tell you that yes, it is 10000% percent illegal to be in there and if caught by Local Laws, you'll be fined - if caught by police you'll be charged.

The police are cracking down on this big time - because unfortuantly, to many wankers have ruined it.

Midnight Mod - do me a favor. Tell your Forbie mates that this one is now out of order

John
Old 24-12-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMods View Post
So i guess just use the road to the power station and not his land to get up and everyone's happy?

Hey mate - No - no one is happy!

You need to be fully aware that if you're caught there - you're in deep shit and WILL be fined/charged.

Cops aren't going to to go "Oh, Ok, you didn't know".

Just giving you the heads up
Post New Thread  Reply