What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 105 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-03-2008
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I finally found what the creaking noise coming from the front of the XJ was for the last couple of years. I found 2 bolts inside the drivers side wheel arch and two bolts inside the engine bay which hold the steering box completely loose, i tried previous times to locate the noise but with no luck a few mechanics have also had a go with no luck, the only reason I found it is because I took the inside wheel trim out and this made it easier to see and tighten the bolts, now no noise, i also checked for any cracks etc all good,

CC
Old 16-03-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherokeeXJ95 View Post
Optical

hahahahaha thanks for owning up dude you made me laugh your not alone, I have atleast two holes I know of i will try liquid nails aswell thanks for the idea I was going to try some silastic, might try both.

CC

yeh i prolly would have used something other then no more nails, but it was in the gun and thats what i had been using elsewhere around the house

= lazy !
Old 18-03-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts

finished fitting switches and fan today the fan runs at half speed when the air con is on and full speed when the davies craig temp switch kicks in or i flick the switch the speed is controlled by a tarago resistor that was on an old air con unit that i had lying around (previously on a bedford van)the switches are top to bottom fan, spots,antennae and clutch interlock so now i can drop the antennae when im wheeling thru scrub and also do stall starts without having to dip the clutch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image000.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	24996  
Old 18-03-2008
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by del97td View Post
finished fitting switches and fan today the fan runs at half speed when the air con is on and full speed when the davies craig temp switch kicks in or i flick the switch the speed is controlled by a tarago resistor that was on an old air con unit that i had lying around (previously on a bedford van)the switches are top to bottom fan, spots,antennae and clutch interlock so now i can drop the antennae when im wheeling thru scrub and also do stall starts without having to dip the clutch
Hey where did you get those switches from and what did they cost?

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 18-03-2008
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by del97td View Post
so now i can drop the antennae when im wheeling thru scrub and also do stall starts without having to dip the clutch
Good job, looks good too. Which wire did you tap into for the antenna?
Old 18-03-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts

the switches come from jaycar but the engraving was done on the 3.5 mtr universal nc mc i run at work (bit of overkill ) the clutch logo imade up myself because i couldnt find an iso logo
the antennae switch was easy pull the consul trim off undo the two bolts that hold the radio in and pull the radio forward on the right hand side connector at the back at the far right hand end theres a green and red wire just cut it and splice a wire onto each end of the cut then run that to a switch when the switch is on it works as normal going up and down with the radio turning on or off when you flick the switch off it goes down
Del
Old 19-03-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

whats a clutch interlock? how does this work?