What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 1703 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-02-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by optical View Post
installed stereo

now have to sort missfire... changed plugs, no go... might swap some injectors next to see if the miss moves cylinders
Not a lead is it Optical? I had a cracked lead a few months back and only way I found out was when I just decided to buy new ones as they were getting on. The other issue I had once was a dizzy cap. Mech pointed it out by showing me the clicking with a stethoscope.

Regards A
Old 01-03-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nah she's an 01 with coil packs :-|
Old 02-03-2014
WELDING RODS FOR STEERING

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 224 Times in 128 Posts
Default What did you do to your XJ today ?

Installed new coils and the heep sit nicely at 4" tall. Set the UCAs to 15" and the LCAs to 16.3" as per several charts on the internet. Thinking they are not sitting right and while diff needs to be shifted forward about an inch. What do you guys reckon?

Sorry about the shitty picture.

Last edited by XJeepers; 02-03-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

By the second pic I see two things, a- it looks to be too far back so longer arms would seem to be the go and b- you have bugger all uptravel...

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
By the second pic I see two things, a- it looks to be too far back so longer arms would seem to be the go and b- you have bugger all uptravel...
Yep - Thats what I thinking about the arms being to short. They are adjusted as per several tables on the net suggest, so I guess you can't trust every thing on the inter web even when it is repeated hundreds of times….

I am aware of the bump stops, they are like that (temporarily) for a reason, hence I asked about the CA lengths, and not bump stopping/up travel etc
Old 02-03-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJeepers View Post
Yep - Thats what I thinking about the arms being to short. They are adjusted as per several tables on the net suggest, so I guess you can't trust every thing on the inter web even when it is repeated hundreds of times….

I am aware of the bump stops, they are like that (temporarily) for a reason, hence I asked about the CA lengths, and not bump stopping/up travel etc
I just had a look at mine, due to some ride experiments I have stock arms in at the moment, with 1/2" lift over sport and no shims in the lower arms mine sits at a guess maybe 1/2" behind centre of the bump stops when referenced to the bump stop pads on the diff, if I were to fit the maximum shim thickness it would almost line up centre to centre.
The other thing that will happen with arms that short is the coils will rub a lot on the bump stop cup when on droop....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 02-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
I just had a look at mine, due to some ride experiments I have stock arms in at the moment, with 1/2" lift over sport and no shims in the lower arms mine sits at a guess maybe 1/2" behind centre of the bump stops when referenced to the bump stop pads on the diff, if I were to fit the maximum shim thickness it would almost line up centre to centre.
The other thing that will happen with arms that short is the coils will rub a lot on the bump stop cup when on droop....
The spring wasn't quit hitting the cup, but it was close and deforming the bump stop. I was going to wind them out an inch tomorrow night, but just thought I would check in case it was meant to be like that for a reason as most the web sites all seem to quote that same table for CA lengths. Thanks for your input JJ.