New user - Grand Cherro Ltd - 2000 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Sticky's - New members please stop by
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-12-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New user - Grand Cherro Ltd - 2000

Hello Jeepers !
First Registered 12/01/01 - has all the options and was 78k new - only just picked it up in Sydney last week in Nov 05 - black, all the fruit, V8 and only 66,000 on the clock - all for a very sweeet 29.5k.
I live in Perth, but work FIFO in Karratha, flew down, was in Perth for a few hours, then got redeye to Sydney, straight from Airport to pick it up - rain was a novel concept upon arriving - got lost in Sydney with it, damn roads system, was no point buying a mapbook if ya dont know the suburb you are in over there.
Had job interview in Sydney, left Tues 4.45pm to hit Canberra, got lost in Canberra by then, job interview in Canberra Wed am, left there by 11am, hit Melbourne SE suburbs whilst still light (via Collins/Russel & Flinders Streets at 5.30pm!!)
Hitched up Roadrunner Sportstrailer I picked up in Melbourne, left Thurs 4am Melbourne time, had to turn back from Nullaboar as 230 left in tank and Eucla was 200 away, decided not tempt after 30kms into it, so turned back, time then was 1.50am (Melb time) when parked up at Nullaboar Motel - was waiting at pumps for them to be unlocked in the am (4.5 hour kip in back seat).
Was at friends house after getting beer and wine at 12.00pm (still Melb time) on the Fri night.
Was a blast. Only had a lead foot until say 100km before Port Augusta - after that was sensible and 90% within limit, just the odd squirts cause ya gotta.
The Grand Cherro in Perth, me up here, going back down Xmas Eve, spend 3 days around there then jump back in and cruise back up here - New Year at Exmouth - sounds a good plan.
Mefinks I found a good one here, am well chuffed with the Ve-hi-cle
Already I have the Jeep Thing in me.
Btw, historians in yas will know that my handle is from the AMC (American Motor Company) Javelin (Badged under Rambler in Australia - Australian Motor Industries) - I have a 1970 Jav with a 390 motor in it - and love it to bits - am glad to add to the garage and to be keeping it in the family.
The Jav just wishes it had that kinda bucks spent on it instead, but now I can justify the restoration it will be getting - in my logic lol
Thanks for a great site, have been reading heaps, and shall continue to, I hope to be of input in forums, and yes - the Grand is going off-road, especially with being in the Pilbara, and the Kimberely sooooo close....and NT only a jump from there, and.......
Cheers Jeepers - and thanks for the future cameraderie in advance
Graeme
Old 15-12-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome! Ya gotta love a road trip!
I did Melb - Perth - Melb in 8 days on a GSX 750 about 6 years ago and loved every minute of it! 900-1000kms a day, heaps of coppers (especially Ceduna to the WA border), torrential rain day 2, after stinking hot and windy day 1.....

Stayed overnight at Scarborough, stood in Indian Ocean, headed home next day!
Square tyres by the time I got home.........
Old 15-12-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HEy PK - Cheers for the reply.
Yip, ya gotta lurve a road trip - am glad I burnt over CD's for it, was great hooking thru Merriden and surrounds (use to live there as a little tacker), sun going down, keeping pace with the Indian Pacific on the right of me in clear view - haha with the second CD of Hot Chocolate boogeying thru the speakers, clothes everywhere and wrappers and coffe cups and Service station food.
Gonna spend xmas & boxing with fam & friends, then have a staff xmas party on the following day for a Pizza and Pasta cafe I bought on the R&R prior to the trip R&R, then shoot up to Karratha. If fortunate for another R&R before project is finished - will see my elder sister in Broome, and consider keep going to Darwin for a squizz and back, or will leave till the project wraps up, all depends upon time and if my bosses want to see me in Perth in a hurry. Am soooo ready to work again now I have the Grand, and getting there and back will be the fun part.
And you - kinda like ya got to WA, touched the ocean and turned back again - things ya do when ya bored hey?
Cheers mate
Graeme
Old 15-12-2005
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ

you are now destand to be broke like the rest of us

but welcome anyway
Post New Thread  Reply