pentastar exhaust options - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default pentastar exhaust options

hey guys,
looking at chopping the exhaust off to make a little louder and more free flowing after some info though first,
has anyone changed over their exhaust on their pentastar if so what did they use? did it give any fuel gains? much louder?

my jk is a 2013 jk rubicon swb
no mods except for a airaid cold air intake setup
not looking for anything crazy expensive would be happy with just a nicer note

Last edited by josh jk; 01-11-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-11-2013

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default pentastar exhaust options

Looking for one as well...
Another member had posted this video a few weeks back regrading an Redback exhaust on his JK :
http://youtu.be/o1zF1eubV7A
Old 02-11-2013

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I needed some room where the original muffler was so I put a straight through one on under the rear floor pan. It is well protected there. Have the pipe going over the axel and exiting in the passenger side. Sounds a lot better and a bit more power but it is hard to tell as I added bar work and accessories at the same time that were heavy. I get good economy out of it for what it is.
Old 02-11-2013
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i was thinking of just getting the rear muffler cut off thats it and having it straight from their, i just dont want to in turn get crapper eco or not have enough back pressure but im leaning more straight from the cat back with a small muffler to dampen the sound a little too many options will go talk to a exaust shop on monday
Old 03-11-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 75 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManu View Post
Looking for one as well...
Another member had posted this video a few weeks back regrading an Redback exhaust on his JK :
http://youtu.be/o1zF1eubV7A
This one in the video is not a 3.6 Pent though
Old 03-11-2013
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Depends on your budget mate, for about $550 you can get a proper tuned exhaust that sounds good, gives you about 1ltr per 100 back in your wallet and allows the JK to breath a lot better.
We run the AFE 2.5 Hi Tuck on our and couldn't be happier. Nothing better than standing on it to hear it crackle away.
Here is a link to the same one we run:

http://www.sbroffroad.com.au/Exhaust...xhaust-2012-JK

Cheers George
Old 03-11-2013
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

would go that option but a tad too expensive looked at that exhaust before and its 4 door only im speaking to the local exhaust joint tomorrow to see about getting the muffler at the rear replaced just to make it a bit better
Post New Thread  Reply