Tips for a sand driving noob - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Wheres the best spots to drive?
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-09-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

Made it

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar
Old 14-09-2017

Liked 151 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struth View Post
At the risk of hijacking this topic, is there a downside to the use of air jacks?
This isn't so much a downside, but something to be aware of... not sure about the Wranglers, but a lot of the Jeep 'wagons' have dual exhaust outlets and several small holes in various places (by design). In mine there's no way I can get the pressure to inflate a jack with the exhaust - an air compressor attachment is a must.
Old 15-09-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts
Default Tips for a sand driving noob

Thanks everyone for the tips. Been on the beach 2 of the 3 days we've been here so far and really enjoyed it. Haven't been in any sort of trouble but have learned a fair bit.

On north beach today the tide was in, so I was in the soft stuff a fair bit til I got to the end of the beach.

Exiting the beach was up a steep, very sandy track but I got up there first time by picking the right line and keeping on the loud pedal. From what I saw, I was the only person to get off the beach first time.

For those who love mud and big puddles, the back road that follows the beach must be and absolute wonderland when it has been raining. I reckon there would have been 15+ massive potential puddles that you'd need a snorkel to get through if it has been raining.

Had heaps of fun and am going to try and hit the beach at least once more before we go home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar
Old 28-10-2017
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: WK

There are many useful tips here! Thanks for sharing guys!
Old 18-05-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Looks like you guys just improve my knowledge regarding driving in the sand.
just one little question do suspension lift kit do any good in sandy areas?
Old 19-05-2018
AJOR Bronze

Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesthomas455 View Post
Looks like you guys just improve my knowledge regarding driving in the sand.
just one little question do suspension lift kit do any good in sandy areas?
It works the same as it does for bush driving, it gives you more flex in dunes. It also allows you to fit bigger tyres which then lifts your diffs higher giving you more clearance.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 16-11-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
It works the same as it does for bush driving, it gives you more flex in dunes. It also allows you to fit bigger tyres which then lifts your diffs higher giving you more clearance.
it doesn't give you anymore flex, it just gives you more clearance
Post New Thread  Reply