Newb with a 2.7CRD 205 bhp 500 nm of torque. - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-06-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 132 Times in 89 Posts

Whats the fuel economy like with that upgrade? almost makes me want a diesel now :P
Old 23-06-2016
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straubz View Post
Whats the fuel economy like with that upgrade? almost makes me want a diesel now :P

Well my experience with it so far has only been on the power setting. The one not mapped for economy lol. It is showing 2lts per 100km better than standard. This is driving normally-ish around town including a 20 min commute to and from work. I would normally be sceptical of the mpg increase however my fuel gauge/needle is showing better fuel consumption than normal. The needle is moving less than it did over my standard to and from work commute.
This is the chip I have purchased and I'm quite happy so far.
http://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/bluespark_pro

I have just dropped a setting to a more torque power oriented setting opposed to an out and out power setting which I had it originally set to. I will see if there are any further MPG increases. I will also be changing through all settings all the way down to out and out economy, I'll report on what I get MPG/performance wise. I will use the same route to and from work as my test track lol.

I've since been intouch with blue spark. they say the box I have is more like 480NM of torque.

These chips have had some good reviews on various motoring forums so I thought i would give it a go

Last edited by GreenGrandy; 23-06-2016 at 04:35 AM.
Old 22-07-2016
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

The chip is going great, I'm back on the power setting lol. I'm seeing an increase of approx 1lt per 100km to the good in fuel consumption terms. Over all I'm quite impressed with this box for power and fuel consumption gains.
Old 16-10-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hey mate, has there been any improvement on turbo lag from 0-40ish? Is it truely plug and play? Any issues?
Old 05-11-2016
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where does it plug in ?
Please post a pic or 2 of the installation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19-11-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

I've just put in the Chip Express variant.

Absolutely changed my Jeep... fuel economy and power. Fantastic.

Cheers
Chumby
Old 20-11-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

GreenCandy, did you go the straight Pro module or the Pro + Boost module? Would there be any noticeable difference between the two? Looks like both have similar power/torque gains so possibly the main difference (apart from the price) is fuel efficiency.