What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 110 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-08-2021
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts

Removed the non-functional torch in the back and replaced it with some 12v outlets and voltmeter. I know it's a bit wonky, was in a rush gettting ready for Bribie camping. All the wiring is good, direct to my second battery. I'll revisit the mounting with a metal plate instead of the ply.

Old 15-08-2021
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Default Stedi Spot Lights added - happy days!

Added these beauties to the GC today.

Very happy with the outcome....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4295.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	79432   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4296.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	79433  
Old 16-08-2021
Senior Newbie

Liked 43 Times in 28 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
Added these beauties to the GC today.

Very happy with the outcome....
Stedi pro quads? how do you find them output wise?
Old 16-08-2021
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Had a weird whirring noise just after startup today. Sounded like it was in the trans tunnel.
It did it at idle and when coasting, not under full boot. It has done this once before, switched it off, then not again until now. It didn't do it on the way home, hmmmm.
Spoke to the local trans mob about a service, he reckons 480 bucks as it's the Merc box, 2012 crd 5spd and that wouldn't make that noise and to change transfer case oil.
So, on the way home I bought 2 litres of juice, drained it and filled it up, was about 1.8 litres that came out of the sucker, so not that low, bang on 2 litres had it just dripping from the fill hole.
Hopefully that was the damn noise!
Old 17-08-2021
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissaayne View Post
Stedi pro quads? how do you find them output wise?
I haven't had a chance to really test them out yet as we're currently in lockdown.
Took it for a spin around the block and was super impressed with the distance and edge spread for roo spotting, much better than the two Hella Rallye 4000 HID I had on the last GC.
Old 23-08-2021
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

After many years of talking about it I finally got it done - Murchison snorkel has been installed. Pretty happy with the product and fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar
Old 24-08-2021
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 134 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_renegade01 View Post
Mate, it knocks around just as much in OR1, OR2 is used when going in rock mode, something I use, for extended periods, while off-road, as I pretty much exclusively crawl rocks. but to each his own.

FYI, putting this spacer kit in, retains the factory ride AND eliminate all the knocking [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
The Knocking as in the niose is just the struts topping out. I'd consider the spacers for the front but I'm not so sure about the rear.

Well done for regularly crawling the grand. I'd love to give some serious terrain a go one day with it. I just fear hand bag related injuries originating from the passengers seat. My old work truck doesn't usually suffer from those same issues so it continues to be assigned to real tracks. But damn I'd love to try some of the jeeps trickery on some more serious terrain.

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk