New Jeep Grand Cherokee - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2021
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New Jeep Grand Cherokee

Hi all,

It is time again for me to replace my 2017 Grand Cherokee Limited Diesel (end of lease) and i need a sounding board to help me make some choices.

1 - Should i get a 2021 Grand Cherokee S limited - Diesel or Trailhawk (Not sure how much use i will get out of air suspension etc)
2 - i have been looking at getting some chief products rock rails for the new vehicle - any one had these, opinions. Should i get the trek eleven or safari three
3 - I currently have a uneek 4x4 slimline roof rack and am unsure whether to keep this for the new vehicle or go for something like the Chief Products full roof rack or Offroad animal roof rack. The chief products roof rack interests me due to the modularity of it and the hidden air dam instead of the front mounted one on the uneek which sits up higher than the roof rack itself (issues when i need to carry my oztent etc)

I live in Sydney Australia if that makes any difference
Thanks
Flog 44
Old 03-04-2021
Senior Newbie

Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flog44 View Post
Hi all,

It is time again for me to replace my 2017 Grand Cherokee Limited Diesel (end of lease) and i need a sounding board to help me make some choices.

1 - Should i get a 2021 Grand Cherokee S limited - Diesel or Trailhawk (Not sure how much use i will get out of air suspension etc)
2 - i have been looking at getting some chief products rock rails for the new vehicle - any one had these, opinions. Should i get the trek eleven or safari three
3 - I currently have a uneek 4x4 slimline roof rack and am unsure whether to keep this for the new vehicle or go for something like the Chief Products full roof rack or Offroad animal roof rack. The chief products roof rack interests me due to the modularity of it and the hidden air dam instead of the front mounted one on the uneek which sits up higher than the roof rack itself (issues when i need to carry my oztent etc)

I live in Sydney Australia if that makes any difference
Thanks
Flog 44
If you can wait until the end of the year, it may be worth checking out the all new models. Not sure though if Jeep will continue with a diesel option.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/916986/...ng-and-tuning/

Old 03-04-2021
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 97 Times in 52 Posts

I will buy the new model ONLY in Diesel Trim.If not available,I will have to go to another Brand......
Old 03-04-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Diesel, like it or not (I like it), is going to disappear. Australia is the only country with a high demand and in terms of the World market we are very small and insignificant. It seems US and Euro emissions too tough on Diesel and carcinogenic issues as well.

Because Australia is so slow on the electric uptake, what I read in the media is that manufacturers are going to use us as an avenue to get rid of all the runout Diesel vehicles that can’t be sold elsewhere in the World.

Petrol will be around for a while yet. But electric is where they are all putting their big R&D money, Jeep included.
Old 03-04-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

Buy it now as next model has no Diesel in the line up,in fact they are all going that way , the new 300 series Cruiser is still to have a diesel but looks like the 2.8lt thats in the Prado, so that will be a brilliant performer won't it, 140hp might need a tickle to be much good ....

I would go the WK2 but not the air suspension or 20" wheels...........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 03-04-2021
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Well if the world dumps it's surplus diesel's on us while they play around with electric, there should be enough motors to keep us going for some time. By the time we're force fed electric vehicles, hopefully they will have evolved into a viable solution for all conditions, at affordable prices, and with the necessary infrastructure to keep them charged. And that includes the production of sufficient base load power generation such as they have in other countries. Windmills and solar won't achieve that.
Old 03-04-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

I was thinking the same buy up a container or 6 of spare engines, make a fortune.... I don't really like the shape of the new Grand, by the time I'm ready to replace the WK it may have grown on me though...................

If I could buy a new WK2 diesel and stick it in the shed.....................

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply