What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 55 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-12-2007
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got home and mum told me to remove plants out the front with the chain saw. ended up throwing a snatch around them and yanking them out with the car. in 4HI and 1st i did a 4wd burnout on the concrete haha. thats what i did today.
Old 20-12-2007
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

Fitted 2" lift kit.
2morrow fiting new sump & oil pan gaskets.
And a few other service items ready for xmas driving
Old 21-12-2007
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

got all the bits for go jeeps head lamp relay upgrade. followed the steps as best I could with. spent two hours on the kitchen floor/table trying to nut it out. wired up the relays as described. removed head lamps, grill etc. attempted to continue with the upgrade untill a bit after one in the morning. realised I must be dumberer than I thought and gave up. (WAY TOO MUCH SPAGHETTI EVEN FOR ME!) then put it all back the way it was 'cause the missus had to take the car to work.
DOH!

what's the number of that electrician again! double DOH!
Old 21-12-2007
wheeliebin
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane View Post
got all the bits for go jeeps head lamp relay upgrade. followed the steps as best I could with. spent two hours on the kitchen floor/table trying to nut it out. wired up the relays as described. removed head lamps, grill etc. attempted to continue with the upgrade untill a bit after one in the morning. realised I must be dumberer than I thought and gave up. (WAY TOO MUCH SPAGHETTI EVEN FOR ME!) then put it all back the way it was 'cause the missus had to take the car to work.
DOH!

what's the number of that electrician again! double DOH!
Don't give up! Lay it all out the way it will go in the engine bay. It's easier than you think. I did it, and I'm the guy that wired up the polarity of my fridge plug wrong and blew about $30 worth of fancy engel fuses! I actually did this mod to teach myself how to solder n stuff. Never done it before.
It's worth doing.
Old 21-12-2007
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Took it for a drive up and down the street....... doesn't sound like much. But you should of seen the Car less then a month ago.
I need to bleed the Brakes tomorrow then off to the pits on Monday.... Wish me luck.
Old 21-12-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finally after 2years I wired up the 6 spotties on the roof with 3 seperate switches running 2 spotties each.
Old 22-12-2007
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default fuel pump

Hi all,
when I had replaced my fuel pump I had not taken it for a drive as I had problems with my left hand rear brake pipe.It had broken at the wheel cylinder due to rust build up inside the flare nut and pipe.I had to twist it off.
Got a new one made up for $17.50 and fitted it, all good now.
With the new fuel pump the flat spot that I had at idle then snap the throtle open with no load has gone and its idling better cold too.
Some times when offroading on a worm day it would start to miss on one cylinder and if you shut down the engine and went to start it again,it would run like if it was more like 3-4 cylinders down and then start to clear up. Running on 95 Premium has made it a little better but the new fuel pump so far has stopped it from coming back.
When I worked for Jeep there was a fix for the Wrangler with this fuel vapour lock at the number 3 fuel injector. I think by memory it was a little heat shield that went around the injector.
My 2001 TJ I had would do it on warm days after you had turned it off then 15 minutes later started it again.
BEN
Post New Thread  Reply