I heard a rumour. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-10-2019
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question I heard a rumour.

Hey all.
Don't know if this has been covered but I was informed that around 50% for jeep dealerships are being shut down in oz. Has anyone else heard this and if so does anyone know which ones.
Old 29-10-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Certainly wouldn't surprise me, ridiculous price for parts, ridiculous prices for service. Dealers have ruined it for a really good car IMO.
Old 29-10-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 440 Times in 265 Posts

If they close 50% of them......customer service should go through the roof...LOL.
Old 29-10-2019

Liked 151 Times in 92 Posts

It’d hardly be surprising... there was a survey last year that ranked Australian dealer satisfaction with brands they sell - Jeep/FCA came dead last - so it’s not just vehicle buyers who have a hard time dealing with FCA. Given that, if you were a dealer, you’d be having second thoughts about maintaining a showroom, floor plan financing costs, etc to a brand with plummeting sales. Not to mention the backlog of unsold 2-3 year old cars you’ve got to store somewhere...
Old 30-10-2019
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Since most (if not all?) Jeep dealers here are independently owned multi-franchises I'm sure they'll survive on Hyundai and LDV, and even replace FCA toys with other brand/s. Maybe FCA will reduce the number of dealers representing their products, either that or dealers themselves will choose to disenfranchise their FCA representation. Whatever happens, it doesn't bode well for Jeep/FCA or their customers, how do they keep getting it so wrong?
Old 30-10-2019
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 832 Times in 467 Posts

I had a mate who worked in a multi franchise dealership which included Jeep and Nissan.He said problems with the Other makes re parts supplies ,Warranty claims, ,etc etc was on par with Jeep.A big part of any dealership is having people in service who are experienced and will listen and not bullshit back.eg being told never had that problem before etc etc
Google problems re other makes of vehicles I hate to say it’s not just FCA ,I would say Toyota over the last few years would win a gong or two.everything from fuel injector probs,excessive oil consumption,DPF problems cracking chassis etc
Old 30-10-2019
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

Yep have to agree with you BJM, my old local Jeep bloke was Nissan, Jeep, Suzuki and one other and I was told the same thing, they are all slack in the back up department just the badge is different plus Toyota blokes have super tunnel vision.................and they all got the same Castrol engine oil.............Luckily I buy a vehicle and they never see me again not even for parts no matter what the brand so doesn't bother me. I'm not even sure where my nearest Jeep Dealer is ????

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply