What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 22 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-03-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 115 Times in 69 Posts

Still in transport mode?
Old 20-03-2016
RubiconSlammer

Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Have heard of this before. They let some Dhead go loose with a pressure washer and get water in where its not meant to be.
At least you have a warranty......

Cheers, Craig
Old 20-03-2016
Established Member

Liked 45 Times in 28 Posts

Yep, I have heard the same. The yard I got it from wasn't a Jeep dealer but I had it towed to the nearest Jeep for repair. Hopefully the service manager can shed some light in the morning. The thing has only done just under 50,000k's. Not a reassuring feeling watching the misses howling and my new car being put on a tow truck. Pressure was on a bit.
Old 20-03-2016
Trail Twister

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 840 Times in 479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ RIDER View Post
well I picked it up from the car yard after buying it. MY14 GC Limited diesel Happy as a rat with a gold tooth. Got to the end of the street and the engine light and red warning light came on. Limped back to car yard where they cleared the codes and said it was due to the engine being pressure washed. Drove away sort of not as happy as I was originally, got ten k's down the road at it all happened again. Sat on the side of the road with my WK watching all the other WK's drive past waiting for tow truck. Car now in workshop instead of my driveway. Hope its not a sign of things to come. I will be discussing recalls with them on Monday and getting a proper service done on the thing.
The pressure wash statement is pure dealer bull shit. Common excuse. Something not right. Please keep us informed of the outcome.
Old 20-03-2016
Established Member

Will do, Im hoping its a recall related thing. I test drove it last weekend and it was a dream. Something has gone wrong in the last week. Apparently it was serviced prior to purchase albeit not by Jeep. hmmmmm
Old 21-03-2016
Established Member

just spoke to Jeep. Just more confused really. They plugged it in and it came up with a low turbo boost code and a low fuel code. Interesting cos when it was plugged in on Saturday it came up with low turbo boost and maf sensor code.

Jeep cant find anything wrong with it to be doing what its doing, and they also think it might be pressure wash related. I have told them to keep the car and send it home with the workshop boss overnight.

I quizzed them on recalls and they said it had the 4 done for my vin number. I asked about the RRT14-104 rattle/dpf/cruise recall and they said it wasnt for my vin.
One key fob was dead flat and I asked them if they could put a battery in it for me. They said it would be 10 bucks.

Hopefully the thing shit$ itself on the boss when he is taking his kids to piano lessons.
Old 21-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 115 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi All,

Well finally had the Provent Catch Can installed on Friday.

Very happy with the job - neat install by Westpoint Jeep in Brisbane. Yes pics to come soon!

Have run the drain pipe down under the car and cabled tied under there. Can access it fine.

Will get the pics done soon.

Cheers,
Sally

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER
Post New Thread  Reply