AJOR Updates OCT 2006 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > AUSJEEP Updates and News
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-10-2006
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Exclamation AJOR Updates OCT 2006

Well considering we have lost a couple of AJOR Supporters recently, we have added a few new options to the portal page to try and increase funds.

Donations
Paypal logo added to show people wanting to make donations that we are affiated with Paypal and that donating is secure.

Ads
Google ads have been increased onto a blank space on the right hand column

Ebay
Ebay affiliate program has been started and features at this stage only on the portal page, showing a Jeep related product available for sale.

These added items, as much as we all hate advertising, are what help to keep AJOR alive and growing. Donations are still coming, and for those that have donated recently many thanks.

Stickers still available for those wanting them, these also help to grow the website pressance.

Shirts will be available soon, though changes will be in place due to loss of recent vendors.

Admin.
Jimmyb.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 18-10-2006
UH OH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it's about time we started paying a small annual subscription fee to help fund and grow it more.

You could have some locked down sections for subscribers only and keep some stuff open to all so those that are too tight to fork out a little money by using the site to save thousands on their jeeps can still lurk.

We seem happy to fork out hundreds of dollars a year on mags that we get to mainly look at pics in so why should we not pay a small fee for better info and the likes to get the same here?
Old 18-10-2006
Head Honcho

Check out my Ride(s)

The only downfall there mate is that most websites are free, and the info is free, and to make a subscription section what we then risk is losing new members to other free sites that have Jeep sections. Thus far we exist on donations and advertising, more money would be handy though to be able to offer prizes monthly, as well as not such a long time between tee shirt runs etc.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 20-10-2006
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

Why not host an AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM exclusive event and charge an admission fee.

It could be possible to organise something like a Jeep expo. Im talking about having a jeep show and shine, jeep demonstration, vendor tents selling aftermarket parts everywhere, a bit of food and entertainment. Almost like a Jamboree but only for one long day and in the middle of town as to attract lots of people/family/donations etc. And charge a small admission fee. You could even gain a sponsor from a local Jeep dealership for the day.
Newcastle forshore would be an ideal place to hold an event like this. Sundays always attract plenty of people for what ever the occasion. I think council aproval is free too.

Just a thought.
2018 Harley-Davidson FXFBS
Old 20-10-2006
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

Oh and dont forget good looking promo girls selling raffle tickets.
2018 Harley-Davidson FXFBS
Old 20-10-2006
Head Honcho

Check out my Ride(s)

This type of idea is possibly in the pipe line.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 20-10-2006
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorzun
I think it's about time we started paying a small annual subscription fee . . . . We seem happy to fork out hundreds of dollars a year on mags that we get to mainly look at pics in so why should we not pay a small fee for better info and the likes to get the same here?
I think along those same lines and each year when it comes time to renew the membership to the 4wd clubs I'm a member of, I also make a donation to the site of a similar magnitude to the club fees.

Like you've said, I get far more information from the site and it's members than from either of the 4wd clubs I'm a member of . . . After moving to the Snowy Mountains, I haven't even been to a meeting of the Melbourne 4wd club that I belong to for almost 4 years now!

Other sites have encouraged "premium" membership through disabling search or photo attaching capabilities but I too would worry that some of those changes either cause people to head to other sites where all the content and functionality is free.

Last edited by Butt Craic; 20-10-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply