The Fridge - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Fabrication and Custom
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here is a shot of the other side, hence the name the fridge, with an access hole to fit all the hoses etc for gas

and the queen size bed. This is latex and so good to sleep on. But it is heavy so I'm thinking of swapping it with our one in the house if weight becomes an issue.
Old 05-11-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaby View Post
Aussie: what a camper!! The easiest and cheapest and effective way of giving 4" to its height would be to sling the axle beneath (not inside) the leaf springs.

Cheers
thats the plan. Just gotta find time to do it.
Old 05-11-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjrob View Post
Thats better - looks good, any chance of a few more interior pics.

I assume bed is rear and the bench goes across the front
thats correct. I was thinking of a bunk to fold down across the bench but my daughter is growing so fast it not worth the effort. Besides she now takes a friend and sleeps in a macpac tent next to the fridge. If we are only going away for a weekend her bed slides out from under the main bed and only her feet are under the bed. Has approx 1.4m of free floor space on the far side without the bench
Old 06-11-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm after advice for a new solar panel as I'm going to upgrade to 60w so we can stay out forever...or at least 2 weeks at a time.
Is there any brand to stay away from? Mono I have been told is the best type for our lower states.
Any ideas
Old 09-11-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You'll need more than 60W to be self sufficient. At least double that if you're only running the Engel and some efficient lighting.
Old 09-11-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Are you able to shut the lid of that front box with the leads plugged in? Any particular reason you didn't put the 240V box on the outside, given that it's all waterproof gear?
Old 10-11-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmacdonald View Post
Are you able to shut the lid of that front box with the leads plugged in? Any particular reason you didn't put the 240V box on the outside, given that it's all waterproof gear?
yes you can close the lid on the box with the lead attached. Ihave a small cutout in the lid lip that is edged and it stays snug even when the box is opened and closed. The reason for it inside is to stop vandals and damaged from stones / mud etc when travelling. It keeps it neat as it would of stuck out unless it was on the front, but then the mud etc. Also even if it rains the socket is protected under the lid where as it could of been exposed to water when the plug or socket were attached.
I'm thinking an 80w panel and upgrade the fridge to a new one that only draws 2 to 3 amps