JKE-Dock 2011-2018 Australian Width 40.5" Long - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default JKE-Dock 2011-2018 Australian Width 40.5" Long

Hi guys and gals... Just wondering if anyone is running one of the JKE-Dock 2011-2018 Australian Width 40.5" Long units in their JKU..

https://vectoroffroad.com/products/i...dock-2011-2017

If so... How do you find it and what have you to mounted successfully ?

Cheers
Old 10-01-2018
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 584 Times in 369 Posts

I went with this unit from Outback Engineering in the US....fits into the tray, you can configure the RAM mounts a couple of ways.
I think the one you posted may be more flexible in the mounting options, though.

Exterior Cameras 5 by Leigh Peddell, on Flickr
Old 11-01-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

I do, it's about as long as the windscreen vent is wide. It took about 15 minutes to install and it's great & sturdy although I am having trouble finding cheap-ish mounts for it.

I use action camera handlebar mounts at the moment but with their large screws and clamps, they only fit a few ways.

I mounted my Gopro, dashcam, VMS and a universal phone holder to it and I also want to attach my HUD somehow.

I will see if I can get a pic later today.
Old 21-01-2018
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts
Default Full width Vector "E" Dock

I've been running a full width Vector Offroad "E" dock since September and it's done a 7000km round trip to Fraser Island, Glass House mountains and all over the Victorian high country and it's one of the best things I've fitted to the JKUR.

I can still see the camera feed from the reverse camera as well.

Nothing moves, nothing has fallen off and it's all held very securely.

I've been purchasing the Ram mount gear from both Johnny Appleseed in Melbourne and Hurtle Gear in W.A. Both of their prices are similar and both have price matched where the other is cheaper.

We have 3 of the full width units on the club and one of the guys has purchased th4e "Australian width" unit directly from Vector.

The "Australian width" unit is only a little over 1" shorter on each end and you won't notice the difference.

In the pic below I have the iPhone mount, a bracket for the UHF mic, Garmin GPS mount and a mount for the GoPro and gimbal that are all the 1" ball size.
I went the 1.5" ball size for the iPad as I thought the extra weight might be aided better with the double clamp and it has.

I've seen a unit that mounts a mini iPad in front of the factory stereo but from a couple of friends that have it the iPad falls out on hard tracks and you can't see the reverse camera if you have one fitted.

Grab either one and you won't be disappointed!

photo DSC_3820_zpsmph5epmt.jpg
Post New Thread  Reply