Aftermarket parts - Page 28 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-03-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Aftermarket parts

Unifilter also make one. TT275195S $92.50 Reusable and filters everything while keeping the flow rate up. I use one and it's awesome.

Last edited by Wantsawillys; 22-03-2014 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-04-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Pulleys and belt

Not sure if it's a repost but:

V6 petrol (2001) replacement pulleys are Nuline EP010 (grooved, to replace the OEM plastic one) and EP184 (flat/smooth)

Belt 6PK2225 (I got the Gates brand)

Western Filters sell the kit, however it appears to be a mix and match from different spec engines and as a result the smooth EP121 (76mm OD) they supply is too small to use with the 6PK2225 belt - tensioner sits on its stop and the belt squeals under load. I phoned them and they offerred to either send a smaller belt or a bigger pulley (90mm OD).. I went with the pulley as that was the same spec as the original I pulled out.

I've had noisy pulley bearings for a couple of years now and finally got round to replacing them. Always figured it was the plastic grooved one.. nope, was the steel flat one. Nice and quiet now..
Old 04-04-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

Mat76 try to get your parts guy or go on the net yourself to Wesfill in Sydney. They do air etc. K&N Air is a scary prospect if you do any off road - emergency replacement at best . I'd never run one fulltime on a Genreral purpose vehicle.
Old 02-07-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts

I run a K+N full time. What's wrong with them?

It's a KJ thing!
KJ Cherokee 65th Anniversary Edition
Old 04-07-2014
Established Member

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

K&n filters are for race cars or street racers. They allow a high volume of air to flow but at the cost of reduced filtration. They allow fine particulates straight through and these cause wear on your bores. Paper filters are best or if you want a re-usable filter try a Unifilter, they are similar to a k&n but have additional layers and finer foam scrubbers to trap the finer powdery dust.
Old 20-08-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2.8 KJ major service

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
Bosch and Dayco both do fan belts for the 2.8. They are about $60.00. Better quality than the Jeep part too. I have misplaced the number however the dealers have the number in their parts book under Liberty. If not take the belt in and they will measure and supply..... if they are any good that is
The bit I have been having trouble tracking down in Aus is the timing set for the front of the 2.8. Jeep quote was in the order of $900.00 just for the bits!!! Any info on this would be much appreciated.
Hi, I just ordered a timing belt kit from IDParts.com in the US. $399 US for the works ! http://www.idparts.com/catalog/produ...oducts_id=2721
Also got their oil change kit, and a timing belt change bolt for $3 and a pair of cut resistant gloves for $10. All up cost with UPS postage was $703 AUD
Old 26-08-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts

hi guys just thought you might like to know that a ryco z68 from a toyota is almost the same size as z596 they are cheap as and readily available from repco ive been using them for a while now on my xj diesel with no probs also have a look through xj diesel parts there might be some stuff to add
Post New Thread  Reply