Diet Exercise and Lifestyle - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Blokes Advice
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2019
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts
Default Diet Exercise and Lifestyle

So just back from about 15 days in USA - Disneyland and Las Vegas.

Vegas is a crazy wonderful place... had a good win that staked me for the week..and always love being there. Went to Halloween party @Disneyland. Bit of a let down compared to previous year when we were there. Locals said the same thing.Got food poisoning @Legoland that laid me up for 2 days. What a shitter!!!

Saw lots of JL jeeps and some done up like we can only imagine here. No JL utes on the road tho even tho they were in show rooms. Crazy crazy Jeep builders over there.

Base JL models r expensive over there too.

Worrying tho is the amount of very very very fat people we saw. And I mean fat. Everywhere. It's a pandemic over there. More so than on 8 previous trips. And many of them very young (often 20 yrs) and in mobility scooters. One man was already 200kg and was complaining to us about the width of plane seats being too narrow!

Completely different attitude to food over there. Calories +++, plate sizes+++, serving sizes +++, body image issues +++, fat is good +++.

They even eat fried potato for breakfast...and a lot of it. Cheese with everything. Small size of this or that, small serving of this or that. Forget it. Doesn't exist!!

They r now even building bigger mortuary ovens!!

I am not really fattist but gee whiz, what r they going to do as they get older. One cynical American said ageing wasn't a problem for these people. They just die young.

Just thought I would pass on my observations.

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 22-11-2021 at 04:28 AM.
Old 06-11-2019
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

When you look at 70's films.. everyone was slim. Fast food has put an end to that. Luckily, not so bad in Australia.. but maybe we will head that way.
Luckily they have some pretty big cars over there.

Cheers,
Old 07-11-2019
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 161 Times in 131 Posts

I just got back from NY state and Canada.

I’d say my experience was different to a degree at least. Size wise the average was about the same with a few exceptions at both extremes. Saw several Patriots on the road, lots of KL’s as well as JK’s and plenty of WJ’ through to WK’s. No ZJ’ and only a very earlier models with an absolutely immaculate TJ a notable exception.

The salt on the roads is a killer though, rust is endemic in everything, even fairly new cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2019
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbrown64 View Post
When you look at 70's films.. everyone was slim. Fast food has put an end to that. Luckily, not so bad in Australia.. but maybe we will head that way.
Luckily they have some pretty big cars over there.

Cheers,
Funnily enough, the body worship thing that helped keep people slim and trim for the last 60 yrs or so started pretty much after WW2. There were lots of very fit, muscular, 6packer ex marines. soldiers, sailors airmen etc fit from surviving the war and who needed distraction. Along came gyms and the fitness industry.

Bring in a beach culture; Hollywood romanticising and stereotyping the ideal male, shorty and bikini swimsuits, an insistence by the youth and counter culture of the day for a freer society, and add in drugs and what do we have now. More and more indolence etc, cheap US food loaded with sugar and carbs, non taxing work etc and the arse blossoms, the gut drops and swings (used 2b the arse doing this) and the mouth is never empty. Add carbs from huge amts of beer people drink and the disaster for early death recipe is alive and well.

I was thinking about how much time at work is taken up eating or drinking in US workplaces. And, how much can these grossly obese people achieve in a work day? Some of them struggle to walk and breathe just moving down the street.

Australia, watch out. The problem is coming this way, no doubt, just as everything US is followed by us. The evidence is here already and if u need a reality check, take an eyes open walk through your local shopping centre and pub..

Keep your kids slim and trim and off the sugar and reduce the carbs now!! The arse and gut won't sag or swing if they get up and move and do things. Create and maintain an healthy food culture and start them on it now. Go hungry once in a while: might help to appreciate food more.

And, oh my goodness, I am not even a fitness freak but I have to say something because it is actually very disturbing to see such rampant un-health created by gluttony and indolence and that affects very young people, even kids.
Old 07-11-2019
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts

As someone that flies allot internationally, plane seats, cabin crew and cabin layouts are a sad, sad state of affairs. They are more than willing to violate passengers comfort and standards. If the same carriers were moving animals the standards would be much higher, humans pfft, profit is where it is at, capitalism is evil!

Commercial aviation has allot to answer for, they treat people like crap, cram them into a metal tubes in conditions that would violate standards for animals and the worlds governments are more than happy for it to continue, if anything the standards are in free fall, all over the world.

As for the fat thing, it really depends on where you are, i don't really see allot of it through most of California, more through the fly over states. Australia is making itself in the image of the USA which is sad because the USA is a very broken and messed up place, especially with the current muppet in chief (Trump). Just because you perceive someone to be fat, doesn't mean anything. I am a big guy, i weigh in around the 140kg mark @ 6'2, i have perfect blood pressure, and glucose levels and i am more than ok with my body. There is no need to judge other people, live your life and let others live theirs. The world has enough judgement and criticism.
Old 07-11-2019
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts

Obesity levels in Australia are pretty high as well, with over 29% of people classified as obese (or higher) compared to 36% for the USA.
Old 07-11-2019
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Obesity has a direct impact on health resources and cost of health care to you and your families. Effectively the healthy slim population is subsidising the obesity lifestyle. I don't think that obesity can be considered a right or a type of self expression.
Post New Thread  Reply