T-max vs. Warn - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2006
OG Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 76 Times in 42 Posts

I had also heard Brawn is no longer in business?
Old 07-01-2006
hellbilly deluxe

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan96XJ
I thought the "cheaper" Warns were Tabors or Magnums, which basically use older Warn technology and dont run as quick, but not compromised on Warn's quality.

I didnt know they made T-Max in Oz, thought they were like Brawn or something and made in China or something??
yeh your right, I thought they had a cheaper one just couldnt remember the name
Old 07-01-2006
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

one person buys Jeep and one person buys Toyota..
both people reckons their choice of Vehicle is god sent to the world.
and they both think the other choice of vehicle is down right waste of money.
what do you think?
Old 07-01-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brawn are the cheap chinese winches on eBay but apparantly have been modified slightly.

It is generally considered for the once-every-now-and-then usage, the chinese winches are good value for money.

If you want a competition winch then spend big and get something that is proven reliable like a warn.
Old 07-01-2006
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsta
one person buys Jeep and one person buys Toyota..
both people reckons their choice of Vehicle is god sent to the world.
and they both think the other choice of vehicle is down right waste of money.
what do you think?
I think I'd like to meet the girl that modelled for your avitar....
Old 08-01-2006
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have had the opportunity to see both the T-Max and the Warn in action. A friend of mine has the T-max, yes it's not bad but it's a bit on the slow side. I've heard their solenoid systems are pretty good. In my opinion the solenoid components are very important when chosing a winch.

I run a Warn M8274-50 with a 6hp 9.5XP motor on it, sure its strong and damn fast since the motor swap, but the solenoids aren't very strong. And its not just my case, I have a 2 other mates with a Warn Hi mount with stuffed up solenoids. A dead solenoid is no fun at all, I was winching up a huge muddy hill, probably about a 40deg angle - 50m long and my solenoid died halfway.

The solution, replace your solenoid with a starter solenoid from a CJ-7. It fits, works and doesn't crap up like a Warn solenoid.

my 2 cents.

bilt4mud
Old 08-01-2006
Ive been here for a while

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

oh your name is mud now.. you dissed warn.. these guys wont be able to handle that.. haha

How does one go about juicing up thier wench?

Post New Thread  Reply