Warranty dissapointment. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Warranty dissapointment.

Now the warmer weather is approaching I was going to put my soft top on my 2011 JK Wrangler and as I wanted a guide I checked some online Youtube videos. I have now discovered that my soft top is missing the Tailgate Bar Retainer clips and the Freedom Top bag. I have checked the boxes and other items at the time of purchase and can't remember every seeing the Tailgate Bar Retainer clips. I have not pulled apart the soft top as it has the factory cove r on it. I have only taken it off as instructed. I visited the dealer and they told me if you want theses I need to pay for them. The clips are around $64 for the pair and they are going to give me a price on the Freedom bag.
What's the point of the warranty if theses things are not replaced if missing. I never saw a checklist for the items I got and verified I had them at purchase.
I have checked Ebay for the clips but with postage it's dearer than the dealer to buy.
Old 04-12-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

You took 2 years before you tried to put the soft top on, to find that (maybe) a small part is missing, then are upset that the dealer won't just provide you with the part under warranty?

I'd be filthy at myself for not running the soft top at the 1st available opportunity!

I get your point but seriously is the dealer meant to just take you on your word? Pay the small fee for the part and enjoy the soft top.
Old 04-12-2013
StaunStar

Liked 57 Times in 37 Posts

I think you are asking to much.
You signed for the car when you took it saying it was all there.
2 Years later ypou say it is missing bits????
Old 04-12-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymca77 View Post
Now the warmer weather is approaching I was going to put my soft top on my 2011 JK Wrangler and as I wanted a guide I checked some online Youtube videos. I have now discovered that my soft top is missing the Tailgate Bar Retainer clips and the Freedom Top bag. I have checked the boxes and other items at the time of purchase and can't remember every seeing the Tailgate Bar Retainer clips. I have not pulled apart the soft top as it has the factory cove r on it. I have only taken it off as instructed. I visited the dealer and they told me if you want theses I need to pay for them. The clips are around $64 for the pair and they are going to give me a price on the Freedom bag.
What's the point of the warranty if theses things are not replaced if missing. I never saw a checklist for the items I got and verified I had them at purchase.
I have checked Ebay for the clips but with postage it's dearer than the dealer to buy.
Mate after 2 years you've left it a bit late. I not blaming you for not putting on the soft top, some people like the hard top, I get that.

If I was the dealer however I would have given you the clips anyway seeing as his cost would have been a fraction of this ->http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-12-2012-J...-/390688583646

and he might have made a loyal customer out of you, it just makes good business sense. I bet that you will be shopping around for someone else to do your servicing now, so he will lose out much much more that the cost of these lousy plastic clips! Pretty dopey dealer!

Flame Red MY08 SWB CRD
AEV front bumper + Warn 9.5
Custom Rear Bumper
BFG KM2 on Rubicon Moabs
Old 04-12-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

There should have been two boxes roughly the same size, one with the door surrounds, tail gate clips and all the other little bits for the soft top, the other box had the windows in it.

The freedom top bag on the other hand I am not sure was a standard inclusion rather an option thrown in by the dealer?

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 04-12-2013
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Have to agree. It's been 2 years. They don't know that you hadn't installed it previously
Old 04-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts

You take delivery of an item, sign for it and don't check it's contents for over 2 years and cry poor???
How is that anything to do with warranty? The first thing going through their minds is you lost it and don't want to pay for new ones.

The majority of people on forums whinge and bleat all the time about the costs of good and services from dealerships. Whichever dealership it was hasn't lost a customer nor would they have gained a customer. As soon as the next service or repair job would have been requried they wouldn't even get a look in as they would be considered "too expensive".

Dealerships are the same as any other business, you look after your loyal and regular customers and they will promote the business through word of mouth.
I can tell you full well the cost to the dealer of the clips is far more than $19. The dealer makes SFA on most "parts".
The dealers have to buy them from Fiat Chrysler. That's where the money is made.

Last edited by timbotrog; 04-12-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply