What are your favourite XJ accessories? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts
Default What are your favourite XJ accessories?

I thought I would start this thread to get an idea what accessories you have placed in, on or under your XJ to improve it.

My top 3 items:

1. Owning a pre-update, I suffered many years of ownership without cup holders. I bought a Crown over the handbrake dual cup holder for what was probably $10. It stores a small plastic water bottle for my pax, and for me, a small coffee cup. I have fastened it down to the centre console and it is easily removable when I need to get the handbrake adjusted. I could have used this item over the many years I was doing cannonball runs across the country. Funny how a $10 piece of cheap plastic can make such a difference. This tops my list.

2. Canvas seat covers. No more cleaning cloth/vinyl seats with spilled drinks, food, mud, sand, projectile vomit. It is as tough as steel.

3. Rhino Pioneer Platform. The default cross bars did a lot of carrying over the years. I had them removed in 2018 in favour of a gutter mounted Pioneer Platform. For what the car lacks in internal carrying space even with the rear bench down and seat removed, it makes up in roof carrying capacity. I have moved hardware, as well as carried spare tyres, remote area camping equipment, staying within the legal weight limit. I thought about getting a trailer, but this solved the problem.

Other items that had to get a mention: Nighthawk Light Bar (I can see in the middle of bugger all!) Pioneer Stereo with Pioneer speakers, UHF Radio TX 3350, ARB aftermarket headlight loom (I can still see on stock headlights when my Nighthawk is not running). I can go on about under body stuff, but I haven't done much except a two inch lift (still on my first Bilstein aftermarket shocks since 2008 ).
Old 10-11-2020
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

I have the preupdate limited. Power everything, top of the wazza back in the day, but still lacking some modern touches.

So, some of my favourite accessories include my touch screen fuel economy computer, double din DVD stereo, built in obd1 scanner, engine watchdog and motor minder vacuum gauge.

Some other mods I love are my rear draws, big lift and tyres and winch.

I love all of them, and will probably continue doing many more..

Cheers,
Old 11-11-2020
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

I haven't had much time for accessories over the last few years .. and it was more about keeping the 96 going (it was abused in a past life ).... but I did indulge in a few ....
I got rid of the stock rims and sold them for scrap and put steelies on the offset made the tyre print wider and couple that with a Big fat tough Dog steering damper ...
A roof cage I got off ebay a cheapie held on by exhaust clamps to the stock roof racks worth it's weight in gold the last Brisbane trip ... a Kings Awning a 6x3
and interior led lights
Light Bar and ZJ Fan Clutch
The 99 has a few goodies ..
I added the Nudge Bar .. Light Bar .. Headlight Loom and Xeon Bulbs .. LED Interior Lights .. and the dash Bezel
eksjay yours sounds like a interesting XJ can you post some pics especially the cup holder
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 30-11-2020
CrawlerStar

Liked 252 Times in 117 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

extractors and 2.5 inch exhaust system

delete mechanical fan and add two electric

add auxiliary wiring loom for headlights with individual relays (thanks JJ)

2.5 inch lift

31 inch tyres

4.10 gears

plus all the other during the course of 23 years ownership (1994 bought used in 1998 i think)
Old 30-11-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

tell you what..I need to fit front and rear recording cameras

had a red p-plater u-turn in front of me this morn,

had to brake to the max, still would have hit them, so had to cross to the wrong side of the road into the path of an oncoming Landcruiser 70

Fortunately, he must have seen what the idiot was doing and made allowance
Old 30-11-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

I like my lowered suspension kit.
Old 30-11-2020
CrawlerStar

Liked 252 Times in 117 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

awww come on man that's got no mudflats, you'll get busted for that