I'm pretty happy with the JK and its overall condition, but as with any second-hand vehicle, it has a few things that need attention:
1. Wheels and tyres. Ideally, I want a full set of 5 same wheels with identical tyres. The front tyres are M/T, low on tread, and starting to crack in the sidewall. The rear passenger tyre has a slow leak in the valve and the rear driver tyre has a screw through it. On past 4WDs I've used 285/75R16 tyres so I'd probably do that again?
2. I think the factory suspension is sagging, and the JK is really floaty on the road which feels quite dangerous at 110km/h. If I go with 285/75R16 tyres, I'd also like to put in a ~2.5" lift at the same time.
3. One side step is damaged and doesn't support my weight. I've looked at a few web sites for sliders but haven't quite found what I want: a proper slider with a step that will stop rocks/road crap from chipping the paint along the bottom of the doors/body.
4. Rusted hinges on the doors and bonnet. Replacement hinges are reeeally expensive so I'll probably leave this a little while longer.
5. Handbrake sucks, really loose.
6. Needs a modern head unit! I hate radio and I don't own CDs anymore. What I don't understand is why does the factory head unit say it plays DVD Video? There's no screen anywhere to watch it?
7. The service history is unknown after 60,000kms. I'd like to get a local mechanic to do a full and thorough service so I have a better understanding of the vehicle's health. I'm thinking filters, fluids (engine oil, diffs, trans, brakes, power steering), brakes, power steering, suspension, bushes, cooling system, timing belt, etc.
Once those 7 priorities are done, I can start with the fun mods
Till next time...