ARB WK2 Grand Cherokee Bar Release - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > AJOR VENDORS > ARB **CLOSED**
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Old 18-10-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB 4X4 Accessories View Post
Hi First Time Jeeper,

Unfortunately we don't offer a deluxe bar with the option of a centre polished tube. Our Sahara bar comes with this option however at this stage there are no confirmed plans to develop a Sahara for the WK2.

The factory tow points aren't retained as the mounts are located over the same area. Hence the development of our tow point which matches the 4.5t rating.

You'll have to leave the weight one with me. Given that the weight of the bar alone doesn't take into account OE components that are removed, or other accessories that are added (winches, lights etc), we don't generally release this info as it can be misleading in isolation.

In our opinion, the strength and the level of protection a bar provides should take precedence over weight. It's no secret that steel is inherently heavier than plastic or aluminium but we firmly believe that the benefits that steel provide far outweigh any extra weight associated with the product.

Cheers, Sam.
F

I note that you refer to 'Tow Points' not 'Recovery Points' question is the tow point rated and able to used in recovery with snatch stap etc?
Old 18-10-2013
Established Member

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

ECB website:
http://www.ecb.com.au/vehicle.php?Ma...1&SEARCH2.y=10
Quote:
This bar is designed with two integrated recovery points built into the 8mm thick steel mounting system, which can be accessed through the front of the bullbar.
Old 18-10-2013
Established Member

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
I note that you refer to 'Tow Points' not 'Recovery Points' question is the tow point rated and able to used in recovery with snatch stap etc?
Sounds like ARB have been taking lessons from Jeep Australia in the use of weasel words when it comes to RECOVERY. Simple question which needs a simple answer.
Old 18-10-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdjeep View Post
F

Hi fwdjeep
I think this might answer your question I just copied it of the release brochure link supplied my Sam.

TOW POINT:
Designed to replace factory or optional tow points removed when fitting the ARB bar the right hand mount incorporates a 4.5t rated tow point. Please note the warning label which reads “The towing eyes provided on this bar are intended as towing points only. The
use of these eyes for recovery purposes is potentially dangerous. The use of these eyes with snatch straps, elastic recovery straps or equivalent straps could
lead to failure causing vehicle damage and possible injury or death. This label must not be removed”
Old 18-10-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks Rubi2012, you just beat me to it.

Cheers, Sam.
Old 18-10-2013
Established Member

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Seems like a design flaw to me.
The only way to be recovered from the front is via winch - no thanks.
Old 18-10-2013
Established Member

Liked 46 Times in 22 Posts

So Sam how is the best way of getting recovered out of a bog with your bar with no actual recovery points, what is your recommendation for this as just to be snatched out. Or is the only option a winch out? Can you connect a starch strap to a winch by any chance? Just a question thanks very much