Perth to Esperance to Denmark - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Wheres the best spots to drive?
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-12-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 113 Times in 77 Posts
Default Perth to Esperance to Denmark

Hey guys,

The gf and I will be doing a loop around the southwest after xmas this year.
Initially heading down to Esperance, then back around the coast and home to Perth.

This will be my first time to the south coast. As most of us Jeepers are also super cool explorers, I was wondering if any one can recommend any "do not miss" sights/places/drives/tracks around our loop?

I'm also going to get back into a bit of fishing, having last fished in the UK about 10 years ago! So any good fishing spots would be great to know too.

We will be camping and prefer remote secluded spots but we might visit a few good camp sites too if there are any?

GPS co-ordinates are always nice

Merry Xmas everyone!
Old 22-12-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts

Head out to Thomas River which is approx 100k's east of Esperance and shown on most maps. Excellent little camp ground if you want toilets and if you want seclusion, get down on the beach and keep heading east. The beaches are rock hard and you can head another 18km along the beach. Headlands generally have an easy track around them and once you get near the end of Cape Arid there are quite a few nice spots to make camp. Everything about the area is just awesome.

While you're in the neighbourhood, a trip out to Israelite Bay is worth doing. Just head out along Fisheries Rd and keep going when the road ends. Track can be pretty rough depending on whether there's been any rain so allow 3hrs each way from the end of Fisheries Rd. Plenty of places to camp and fish plus don't forget to check out the old telegraph station.

Both these locations and tracks are in the WA 4WD Top 50 publication. Can scan the relevant map if you want.
Old 22-12-2012
Full Flexer

sounds good!
scans would be awesome if you have time
Old 23-12-2012
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

There are some fun little tracks in West Cape Howe National Park, between Albany and Denmark, nothing too hard, the cliffs and the beaches are cool.

That top 50 map/guide book is a good little publication i'm slowly working my way threw the list.
Old 23-12-2012
Sandgroper

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Wave rock at Hyden, and the squeaky sand down at Esperance...

'98 TJ
Old 23-12-2012
Full Flexer

thanks again guys, keep the recommendations coming!

any rocks or mud inland a bit maybe? we don't have to hug the coast.
Old 23-12-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts

Cape Arid
Post New Thread  Reply