What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 104 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-12-2009
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossj View Post
Just fitted AEV high steer kit.
rossj,

Keen to see some pics and your thoughts. What price delivered if you dont mind sharing?

JTO
Old 17-12-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca2801 View Post
My latest addition is mesh for the grille, $30 bucks from Supercheap and $14 for the Sikaflex.

Very happy with the install, used the PDF from Quadratec on the grill they sell for $180.

Matt.
Looks good, I want to do this to keep some more bugs out. Got any more specific info on how you did it and what you sikaflexed the mesh to?
Old 17-12-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

High steer kit delivered $786. Includes rear axle mounted track bar bracket, drag link flip kit, front track bar mount, OME steering dampner, sway bar link extension brackets and front shock relocation kit.

Rear was done 2 weeks ago, that was very easy to install. The front end track bar bracket was very tight and a lot of force was used to get everything to line up.

First impressions driving was spoilt by death wobbles on M1 again at 100km/h , it was so bad had to pull over and clean my undies.

Took it out to hammonds for a checkup/wheel alignment and balance. No more DW.

Cornering I cannot believe the difference , but it's still flighty when you hit a bump, but new springs, shocks and front adjustable LCAs should improve this

Also my stock rims rub on the flipped drag link at near full lock. I will install my old drag link until I get new rims for my stock tyres..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeptheone View Post
rossj,

Keen to see some pics and your thoughts. What price delivered if you dont mind sharing?

JTO
Old 17-12-2009
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmacdonald View Post
Looks good, I want to do this to keep some more bugs out. Got any more specific info on how you did it and what you sikaflexed the mesh to?
Mac, first up lay the mesh onto the back of the grill and cut it so you have aone cm over lap on both ends. I then folded the over lap at right angles so the mesh hugs the raised section on the inside...
Then I made up two 4mm rods cut to length with a one cm right angle on the end and then flattened the two ends so can bolt them to the mesh.
Hold the ends down and drill the holes then fit the little machine screws so you end up like this..
Then to keep it all secure and stop the mesh from rubbing etc I then put dobs of Sikaflex into the rails until it passed out the mesh...this is going no-where....

Not pretty but solid and functional and this is the side you see....

Took about two hours to complete.

Matt.
Old 18-12-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Fitted new Rancho RS5000 Steering Damper to replace stock "Door Closer". Now to see if any difference in shimmy over bumps at speed.
Old 19-12-2009
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossj View Post
High steer kit delivered $786. Includes rear axle mounted track bar bracket, drag link flip kit, front track bar mount, OME steering dampner, sway bar link extension brackets and front shock relocation kit.

Rear was done 2 weeks ago, that was very easy to install. The front end track bar bracket was very tight and a lot of force was used to get everything to line up.

First impressions driving was spoilt by death wobbles on M1 again at 100km/h , it was so bad had to pull over and clean my undies.

Took it out to hammonds for a checkup/wheel alignment and balance. No more DW.

Cornering I cannot believe the difference , but it's still flighty when you hit a bump, but new springs, shocks and front adjustable LCAs should improve this

Also my stock rims rub on the flipped drag link at near full lock. I will install my old drag link until I get new rims for my stock tyres..
LCAs so you can increase the caster should improve that flighty feeling heaps.
Old 19-12-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah Yom, I have ordered some currie LCAs weeks ago and I am still waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yom View Post
LCAs so you can increase the caster should improve that flighty feeling heaps.