What to initially modify on KK - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What to initially modify on KK

Hi All,

Am almost across the line on purchasing a new KK with the new specials bringing the Limited's down to $38,000 drive away for the 3.7 and was wondering if you could suggest the things I should look at with the Dealer that I should get included and what I should do afterwards from 3rd party suppliers?

From current users, is their any thoughts on the benefits of the CRD over the 3.7? I took the CRD for a test drive today and was quite impressed, but their is no price reductions on the CRD as yet.

Is there a clearance difference underneath between the two? My only worry about the car is that the diff seems to sit quite low.

In regards to my usage of it I am only starting out so will not be doing any extreme things in it, but will be heading on to Fraser Island with my new purchase in July.
Old 03-05-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There shouldn't be much difference between the 3.7 and the CRD in regards to the height of the KK. Personally if it were me, I would go with the CRD due to the fuel economy plus the auto trans is way better in the CRD than that one in the 3.7.

Be sure to get skids. Right now the after market is lacking so things are hard to come by.
Old 03-05-2009
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Agree the CRD is really good but you can get the 3.7 Petrol for such a good price its hard to resist (I went the petrol sport). As digger said definatley get the four factory skid plates fitted.
Old 03-05-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for your thought's guys. Does anyone know what part on the CRD they had trouble with when they did the launch on Fraser Island. Apparenlty 3 out of the 4 CRD's lost a plate underneath due to catching on the sand, but I didn't hear any problems on the 3.7 ?
Old 03-05-2009
LOST

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

there is a lift being tested at the moment , pm crdstu for more details
Old 03-05-2009
TJ DRIVER

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

put mud tyres on
Old 03-05-2009
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

If you plan on towing or extensive touring I'd recommend the CRD, significantly more torque and more economical in the long run (and more distance on a tank); also you get the better transmission. Overall a better package IMHO.
Post New Thread  Reply