Wheel and tyre specs. - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Technical
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-02-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Depends what you want to clear? 17x8.5's with +10 offset such as the AEV Pintler will suit 33-35 no prob and according to AEV suit up 37's.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 25-02-2014

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi guys new to this and jeeps. ive bought a 2008 jku and im assuming from the charts above that these might fit, can u guys confirm that they will fit under the factory flares, I have a 3" lift and 285/70/17 bighorn muddys. also would they be strong enough for off road use.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/wheel-x...579050318.html
Old 25-02-2014

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im currently looking for a nice set of rims and have come up with nothing as yet. I dont really want to get a run of the mill set from sbr or similar. I do however want a set that will keep the tyres within the guards running 285x17's. Im led to believe we need a +25 offset which is proving bloody hard.
Old 23-11-2015
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Kj jeep 2005/2006 2.8 limited has 17" rims,
Old 26-05-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing the information. The table is too good and helpful , it gives us lots of knowledge about the wheels thanks for posting such a great material
Old 26-07-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me out with a request please?

I'm a real noob when it comes to basic wheel/tyre knowledge, however I've learnt a lot in the past month after visiting several of the local tyre dealers in my city. I have a 2000 model Jeep Cherokee XJ which has the Up Country lift kit on it. For some reason though the back sits up higher than the front (I'm thinking the original owner had heavy duty back there?)

I have had this car for 6 months now and am ready to upgrade the wheels and tyres. It's currently running 16inch stock wheels with tyres. I really want to fill the wheel well as much as possible with the biggest tyres I can get, and also on black steel wheels (soft 8 design) if possible. Trouble is that the soft 8 design only comes in -30 to - 12 offset which makes the tyres stick out a good 50mm from my stock fenders, which is of course not legal here in Australia.

Does anyone know if there's a soft 8 design that is in the + offset range? Ideally I would prefer to not cut my fenders and have to put on wider flares - but I'm open to suggestions... Basically what would you peeps recommend for me to get in terms of wheel size and tyre size? And whether I need to get a bigger lift on it/ add on the bushwaker flares?

I'm open to any suggestions here, just want to make this Jeep look prime

*Pic included.

Cheers

Joe
Old 26-07-2016
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 31 Times in 21 Posts

nice wrig and beautiful rare color - love it! probably has replacement rear springs as all XJs have sagging stock leaf packs. keep the wheels - they are rare and look much better than black steel - biggest you can go is 31x10.5s on these as is (even with aftermarket rims). you might need a front spring spacer or new front springs to even out the stance out but to be honest it doesnt look that bad to me (it depends on your preference and cash flow).

before you go buying bigger tires and wheels ask yourself this:
1 - what do you want to use the car for? for everyday driving, beach work, touring, towing and mild off roading: 31s will work great without re-gearing, fender trimming, lift kits, adjustable panhards, extended brake lines (etc, etc - the list goes on and on) and is the most cost effective and the best "no extra expense" option before going bigger. anything over 32s will require a heap of mods and cash so know that now
2 - how big of tire do you really want? big tires look cool but it involves more than just a tire/rim purchase or a cheap lift kit so dont fool yourself or talk yourself into saying thats all i need (tires and rims). doesnt work that way. so do your research now
3 - are you going to be happy with 31s on a stock lift or do you think you want to go bigger later? most people want bigger later even though they dont realize it at first so thinking ahead is my best advice.

you need to decide these things now and make a long term commitment before making any purchases lest you end up doing multiple lifts and tire size changes and wasting your coin over and over. most people talk themselves into smaller tires and lifts initially but then become eager for bigger soon after. no point buying 31s now when 6-12 months from now you decide you want 33s (a big leap that involves lifts and other parts at exponential cost)

Ive seen this thinking hundreds of times and it always fails the pocketbook in the long run. dont let yourself get caught up before you have a realistic plan. you will only end up wasting a big chunk of cash later (not to mentions parts you never considered or planned for).

just my two cents. Cheers