Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 39 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Who here has the Jeep accessories 2" lift kit on? I was thinking of going this path, that way keeping Jeep happy with warranty and the missus happy. Any help about it would be awesome.

Torrens
i have the mopar 2 inch lift on a 2 door, the springs are fine as i have prob 250kgs of extra weight over a standard JK, the standard shocks tho are far too stiff for the increased mopar spring stiffness and are being replaced with ranchos in the next few weeks.
10JK Rubicon
Old 11-11-2010
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All, this thread is about posting up your lift and tyre combo and the associated pics if you have them. Lets see some more of what people have got..........

JTO
Old 11-11-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
i have the mopar 2 inch lift on a 2 door, the springs are fine as i have prob 250kgs of extra weight over a standard JK, the standard shocks tho are far too stiff for the increased mopar spring stiffness and are being replaced with ranchos in the next few weeks.
I quite like a stiff ride tho. Used to have imports so used to spine shattering suspension. Wouldn't it only be a bad ride if it was off road? I'd be doing mostly highway driving and some off roading alittle.
Old 11-11-2010
Super Moderator

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There is a few of us runnign the MOPAR 2" lift, make sure you get the springs and shocks... my dealer was only going to install springs.

Mate you will get mixed reports on here... but for me I love it. there is no issue for me...

Also look at DBOR'S PP lift kit... cheaper.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Who here has the Jeep accessories 2" lift kit on? I was thinking of going this path, that way keeping Jeep happy with warranty and the missus happy. Any help about it would be awesome.

Torrens
Old 11-11-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, I want to keep that type of thing Jeep for the warranty side of it. Plus missus, wont let me get anything unless it is fitted and sourced by Jeep or for our safety. Pretty hard to get her to agree to anything
Old 11-11-2010
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

spank her for being nuaghty then
Old 12-11-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthead View Post
I just went and had a chat with the guys who did all the after market stuff for the dealer and they assured me your allowed one tyre size up, 33" are legal and 35" are not. The lift I have is actually a 2" Lift not 2.5" and they are happy to give it to me in writing. So at this point I am of the belief that you can have a 2" Lift and 33" legally, any more and your on your own. And based on that, I'm going to now move forward and get some mud on this bad boy on the weekend, it looks way to clean don;t you reckon

If you are running a 2010 Wrangler you are on 17" rims. The original tyre size is 245/75 R17 which is equivalent to 31.5". The next tyre size up is 265/70 R17, equivalent to 31.6". If you're running 33" that is somewhere between 285/70 R17 and 255/80 R17 which means that you've gone somewhere between two or three sizes up. Don't put much weight on what aftermarket retailers say, they aren't members of the Bar Association, VSI 8 is the book that will be thrown at you if you have the misfortune of getting caught. One size up is really just a rule of thumb. I'm with Macca on this, less thinking more driving.
Post New Thread  Reply