Storage - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Hot Topic of week
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-12-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default Storage

What have you done or want to do for storage? Roof racks, drawers, trailers etc. Any innovative ideas to gain storage?
Old 19-12-2012
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 504 Times in 291 Posts

Remove rear seats........can create some "minor" problems re passengers but hell it opens up some space
Old 19-12-2012
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 64 Posts

i moved in to a bigger house to store my jeep and camper trailer

Help support the future of the forum
Old 19-12-2012
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

I started with no drawers and everything packed on top of each other needless to say it did not work very well when I went on my first trip. I have since found drawers also not enough so installed a roof basket. That was enough for my last three day trip but it aint going to cut it on my next long one. Next trip I will be taking two fridges and a geni & a whole tub of clothes. Therefore I need to get back the space the spare is using up in the basket as the tents will be going up top hence that means a new rear bar. MMM more expensive items...

Regards A
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 005.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	58754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 006.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	58755  

Last edited by anthonygubbin; 19-12-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 19-12-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Only Dr Who could "create" more storage space in a TJ.
Old 19-12-2012
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Monk View Post
Only Dr Who could "create" more storage space in a TJ.
I seen in the back of a new JK once I reckon they have even less room than the TJ's. The young bloke who owned it was asking my advice where to put a second battery as ARB had no where for one.

REgards A
Old 20-12-2012
AJOR Gold

Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I took the back seat out some time ago and put in a Bestop 'Universal Rack Tray' for the rear of my TJ.
Works great with Softop/Hardtop/Duster.
It's great for getting your gear organised on long trips - only disadvantage is you can't lean the front seats back very far when you pull off the road for a quick power-nap

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	120110_GreenTJjeepWA128 - Copy.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	58770   Click image for larger version

Name:	120110_GreenTJjeepWA127 - Copy.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	58771   Click image for larger version

Name:	120110_GreenTJjeepWA130 - Copy.jpg
Views:	409