So today I change out my starter as the old one was on its last legs it started to not engaged every now and then a couple of years ago. Once/ twice a month. Just last week it starter throwing out more frequently ( like 2-3 times a day) to now 5-6 times every time before I could get it to start.
Tried to research a how to but was limited info on it so decided to take some pictures along the way.
Scale of DYI factor it wasn’t easy for access but in saying that after finally getting engine mount out it was easy.
Took me about 6hours scratching my head to get out then 2 hours to complete to back on the road.
I found some info on the America forum that helped a lot.
1. Remove passenger tire and inner plastic
2. Remove skid plate and 2x bolts that hold starter on.
3. Through wheel arch remove electrical wiring from starter
4. Loosen 4x T12 bolts on engine mount and 1x 18mm bolt on engine mount.
5. Take weight of engine by bracing engine at top via lifting eye.
6. Remove engine mount through wheel arch
7. Remove starte through wheel arch.
Then do steps above in reverse photos attach hope may help