Roof top tents and roof racks for 07 JKU - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-03-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Default Roof top tents and roof racks for 07 JKU

G'day all, so we've ditched the idea of getting a camper trailer and decided to go with a roof top tent and let the kids use swags.
The question is what kind best suits a JKU and what kind of roof rack will we need to get? I've looked at a few but the weight load on them seems to be pretty sketchy (yeah I could do with a few more sit-ups) and I don't want to have to remove the snorkel or light bar. I've attached a picture of the kind of thing I'd like to have and what my jeep looks like atm. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers all. [emoji106] [emoji482]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 15-03-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Don't have but I've heard great things about Garvin rack. I know sbroffroad.com.au has them.
Old 16-03-2018
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Uneek 4x4. Australian owned, designed and built. As for the light bar. Uneek have their own brackets you can purchase to attach it to their rack.

Have a look at 4WD Supercentre for their roof top tents. I believe they are Chinese but I haven't heard anyone complain about them.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 16-03-2018
AJOR Gold

Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Second for UNEEK4x4. tough gear and Australian condition tested. Another alternative is FrontRunner for a rack but only if you are keen to never remove the hard top as their rack bolts through the hard top
Old 18-03-2018

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

What's it like to take the roof off the Uneek one with the rack on? Still trying to decide on one for my 2 door. Too many decisions
Old 18-03-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

You can always try sharpwrax for a rack.

http://sharpwrax.com.au
Old 19-03-2018
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherT View Post
What's it like to take the roof off the Uneek one with the rack on? Still trying to decide on one for my 2 door. Too many decisions
Easy, the Uneek rack undoes at the front and folds backwards allowing for the softop to be lowered. Or can be completely removed by 4 bolts to remove the hardtop.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Post New Thread  Reply