Wj 2.7 crd p0243 error - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Wj 2.7 crd p0243 error

Hi to all. Im hoping that someone might be able to help me. I have had this error for the last 10 months I have checked the vacuum line multiple times replaced a few sections, taken the vacuum solenoids apart and cleaned them. I now have it where I can drive it hard without the error appearing. It only appears when I cruise at between 110 and 120 km/h. She does seem to be down on power when driving hard. Can this be a blocked egr valve. I have tired to take it off but after removing the two bolts I cant remove it. Is there a way of removing a stuck egr valve? What is the best way to check for a pinhole in the boost pipes.

Some other things I have done to rectify the problem

Replaced the metal gasket between the turbo and the DPF.

Replaced the stainless steel C clip

Tried a spare turbo - but has issues with the vanes.

Checked all of the earths that I could find.

Replaced the battery terminals

How much boost is the turbo meant to make?

Any help would be a greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Damien

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2017
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 232 Times in 189 Posts

The description of the code is:
P0243-TURBOCHARGER WASTEGATE SOLENOID CIRCUIT OPEN CIRCUIT. . . . .64
P0243-TURBOCHARGER WASTEGATE SOLENOID CIRCUIT SHORT CIRCUIT . . .67

Try swapping the EGR solenoid with the VNT(turbo) solenoid, they are the same part.

IMO this is not turbo or boost related. Do you have the manual to check the diagnostic procedure for these codes?
Old 10-10-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Adrian D

I have tried swapping the two solenoids still the same issue. I do have the manuals busy reading through the procedure for the P0243 error. I do have a few questions. When checking the asd relay do you remove it? Which pin must be checked to ground? In step 4 which pin on the ecu is the wastegate circuit? I did find a website that had a step by step procedure with images but I cant find it again.

Old 10-10-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I found it

http://www.fixya.com/cars/t9129697-j...erokee_2_7_crd

Ill try this on the weekend.

Is there a way of removing a stuck egr valve?

Old 10-10-2017
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 232 Times in 189 Posts

Try to rotate it and wiggle it around.

Still based on the code I think your problem is electrical. All the schematics and pinouts are in the complete manual.

http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/WJ/

Last edited by Adrian D; 10-10-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-10-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian D View Post
Try to rotate it and wiggle it around.

Still based on the code I think your problem is electrical. All the schematics and pinouts are in the complete manual.

http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/WJ/
Ill try to take it off when the engine is at temp.

I agree. Will be working through the wiring on the weekend. It just baffles me that it only happens 4th and 5th at highway speeds. I dont get the error driving around town.

Old 11-10-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you for your help ill keep you posted

Post New Thread  Reply